Speights Brewery

JacintaH

Does anyone know if the Speights Brewery tours get booked out while cruise ships are in town?

We don't want to make any plans for our day in port but I happened across a listing for the Brewery on Trip Advisor and thought it might be a bit of fun for a couple of hours.

Does anyone know if the Speights Brewery tours get booked out while cruise ships are in town?

We don't want to make any plans for our day in port but I happened across a listing for the Brewery on Trip Advisor and thought it might be a bit of fun for a couple of hours.

They can. We booked ahead and were glad we did as the tours from about mid morning to early afternoon were fully booked on that day. If you have roaming on your mobile, check in when you get ashore if you do not want to book ahead. Call costs are not prohibitive once you are ashore and off the on board Maritime service, which is OTT.

We're going I early January and I've already booked our lunch and tour at the brewery.

There are 7 of us and we wanted the Castle and Brewery.

Found Otago Cycle who do a 3 hrs Castle tour for $65 pick up at 9:15 and drop back at 12:30 which gives plenty of time to explore Dunedin after lunch at the Brewery

I emailed Speights yesterday (Sunday) got replies in no time. First question: Can you book and not pay until the day? Answer: no problem - pay on the day you arrive.

Second question: How far in front can you book? Answer: They are taking bookings now for 2014. You can book as far in front as you like.

So you can book in front - and if something unforseen happens - (like ship can't berth) you won't be losing any money - but if posssible they would like you to contact them if you do have to cancel.

Archived