Fuel supplement to be refunded

PaulMedik

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/custom/tourism/orl-carnival0108apr01,0,5580080.story

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....Under the agreement, Miami-based Carnival, the world's largest cruise operator, can continue to levy its fuel surcharge -- a $5 per day fee, up to $70 per passenger or $140 per cabin -- going forward. But the company must clearly disclose the fee to customers before they buy a trip and display the amount "directly above, beneath or next to the cruise-fare price.".......will refund $40 million to cruise passengers who were forced to pay extra fuel charges even after they had booked their trips, part of a deal the company will announce this evening to settle an investigation by Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum.

The refunds will cover an estimated 1.1 million bookings.

We just returned Saturday; wonder if they will mail us a check?

Refunds will only be issued to bookings made as of Nov. 6, 2007. According to the settlement, those who qualify will receive a refund by check, credit card reimbursement or On-board Credit. So I guess it depends how you paid for the cruise.

OBC for 4/6 - 6/23, all others refunded if booked prior to announcement

I just saw it when I went to check how my Carnival stock did today. Its good news for me I have 3 cabins booked for the Carnival Freedom for New Years. I booked it before Nov 7th so that money is comming back.

i booked in feb for sept. is there any chance of a refund even after i booked knowing about the charge?

thanbks for the info

Nope - Refunds will only be issued to bookings made before Nov. 6, 2007.

This is good news for our Splendor trip...12 days worth in fact :)

i booked in feb for sept. is there any chance of a refund even after i booked knowing about the charge?

thanbks for the info

Nope....only if you booked before November 6th 2007...which means i will get OBC for two cruises.one taken and one booked.....yeah!!!

I went to the stock news to make sure its official.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080331/carnival_fuel_fees.html?.v=1

AP

Carnival Agrees to Refund Fuel Fees

Monday March 31, 6:34 pm ET

Carnival Reaches Agreement With Florida Attorney General, to Refund Some Fuel Surcharges

MIAMI (AP) -- Cruise operator Carnival Corp. said Monday it will voluntarily refund fuel supplements for certain bookings last year under an agreement with the Florida Attorney General's office.

The company will refund fees for applicable domestic bookings made before Nov. 7 last year for trips starting Feb. 1 this year.

Archived