Klein beach on your own?

travelgoddes

Can we take a water taxi on our own, without doing a tour through the ship?

I would like to stay longer that the tour does? Are the water taxis just for the tours? Do the rent chairs and unmbrellas there?

There are not chairs or beach umbrellas. It is a great place to snorkle with no thing like chairs and such.

Bob

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We visited Bonaire in 2006 aboard Crown Princess & Priness had just about all the water taxis reserved for ship booked tours. We will be back in November & may just take the tour through Princess this time. It doesn't look like there are many beaches in Bonaire.

We ran into the same problem in 2007. We cancelled our ships tour to Klein expecting to take a water taxi. None were available as all were being used by Princess for their tours. Going again this year and we will book a tour with Celebrity.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

We spent time researching doing Klein on our own, and found that there appear to be two water taxis on the island. While it may be possible to book on your own, we finally decided that the Klein Bonaire Beach Break offered by Celebrity turned out to be a good idea. $29.00, a guaranteed place on the water taxi booked by the ship for the day, it's a 3 hour excursion, but we may be able to grab a seat on the water taxi going back for the next load earlier if we've done our snorkeling and want to head back, and not much more than if we tried to book a seat on the one remaining water tax on our own. For those who want to research this on their own, I googled Bonaire water taxis and came up with several links.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if you are not ready to go back at your scheduled time if you can grab the next taxi back. Has anyone ever done this? What happens if you miss your taxi? This is what bothers me about being locked in with the cruise lines excursion. Knowing we have to be a certain time we tend to cut our short time even shorter.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone snorkeled the Princess Tour Taxi to Klein Bonaire? Where do we get the snorkel rentals? I do not want to lug our gear this time with the luggage costs. Any help will be appreciated. We are booked on the first taxi on our November cruise. I was also wondering on cancelling that and doing the Woodwind snorkle tour. Any suggestions on this also would be helpful. Alone with the water taxi dropping us off or Woodwind snorkle tour the best?:) :)

Archived