Durable/waterproof video and point and shoot?

I promise I've done a search and found LOTS of suggestions, but I still have questions! We are headed out on Oasis of the Seas next Sunday 8/12. So excited! Our first cruise! I am frantically searching for a waterproof photo/video camera. I plan to take my DSLR and our cell phones (samsung galaxy S7 edge) but I would really love a waterproof camera that will do video and point and shoot for things like ziplines, snorkeling, boating, jet skiing, etc. I would love to do a video recap "movie" of our trip. I know GoPro, but I am having a hard time swallowing the cost right now since there's no major holiday to use as an excuse for a gift.

Anything worth getting under $100? I've seen some with some pretty good reviews on amazon but can't tell if they are video only, which would be fine since I'll have our other cameras for still photos.

I'm sure on the ship, I'll be doing plenty of videos on my phone, but I'd love a sturdy video camera for any excursions.

Nikon - Coolpix AW130 16.0-Megapixel Waterproof Digital Camera is what I use underwater. It appears it has been replaced with the Coolpix 300. https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/product/compact-digital-cameras/coolpix-w300.html. It is waterproof to 100 feet.

JIS/IEC protection class 8 (IPX8) equivalent (under our testing conditions.)Capacity to shoot images underwater up to a depth of 30 m (100 ft.) and for 60 minutes

I second the recommendation for the Nikon AW-130 I like the camera has great quality both underwater and above. Our firm takes a lot of photos for work to document construction progress and we have 3 of them because you can also drop it and it will still keep going. I have employees that are kind of klutzy we were buying a camera every 6 months until we got the AW-130. I will also add it is over your budget by $200 plus. I am personally biased toward Nikon just because I am familiar with the menu system and files Nikon cameras produce. That said another camera I know others here recommend the Olympus TG-5 it is the same price point as the Nikon AW-130. I have no knowledge of that camera but know a lot here use it and have seen some trip reports from people who have used it and I think the photos look really good too.

• 3 weeks later...

I've gotten fairly good results from my Fujifilm XP90. Fairly inexpensive and purchased as a P&S that my daughter can take camping and into the water. Not so expensive that if it is destroyed or sinks to the bottom of the ocean I will be put out. The low-light performance isn't so great though, but it does have an optical zoom (5x). Uses the full sized SD cards and charges with a microUSB port.

If you just want something for snorkeling, pool, or beach it should perform adequately.