The Money Bar

teacher95

Anyone been to the Money Bar that can tell me more about it. My wife, my two kids, ages 11 and 12, and myself will be in Cozumel during March Break and are looking for a relaxing place to hang out for a few hours. I found the website and the place looks great. Is it expensive? Is swimming good there? Lots of space or can it get crowded? Far from the cruise pier?

Any input is appreciated.

It's a great place to hangout. There's no admission fee and the food (delicious) and drinks are reasonable. It's one of the best places to snorkel from the shore, but there is no real beach. The current can sometimes be a little strong getting in and out.

It's not huge but it doesn't seem to get too crowded. It depends on which port you dock at, but it's not too far from where Carnival docks at Puerta Maya.

I love the Money Bar, but it may not be the best option for an 11 and 12 year old. There is no pool or water toys (slides, trampolines, etc.), if that is what you are looking for. Also, the currents can be strong, as mentioned above. Chankanaab or Paradise Beach may be better options if you are wanting more activities than a nice lounger, good food / drinks and snorkeling.

As far as your specific questions, there is no entry fee at the Money Bar. Food and drinks are fairly reasonable. Food portions are large enough to share in most cases, especially the nachos. It’s a short taxi ride to / from the International Pier ($ 11-12 for the cab each way total). They do rent snorkeling equipment ($ 10-12 ?per person) and offer massages for an additional fee. I’ve never seen it overly crowded, even with 4+ ships in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JT1962

The lack of a real beach pool, water toys etc. keep the crowds down. If your kids are into snorkeling it is a great option. Mitsugirly is a frequent poster and has a photo intensive review of MB and other Cozumel beach clubs linked in her signature -- check it out! :)