Culinary Arts Center - pricing?

Nashna

When I check the specialty restaurant offers for our January Koeningdam cruise, the CAC does not show a charge. The CAC listing also doesn't mention a la carte as the other restaurants indicate. Should I just book it now, while I can, and wait until I am on board to determine costs?

I would wait. Are you talking about the classes, or eating there? When we were on Koningsdam in January of this year, the food in the evenings was like tapas, just snacks, which were a la carte, if I remember correctly. We enjoyed the fish tacos (and sangria)! :) I think I posted the menu in a thread "The King and I", but now I can't find it on my phone, so I must have deleted it.

Last month of the Kdam it was a set price of $15 per person. You ordered as many things as you wanted. We were glad that we went with another couple because we ordered several tapas to share as well as individual main dishes. We loved it.

Interesting - things keep changing!:) We're looking forward to seeing how they do it on the Nieuw Statendam. We enjoyed the changes to the Canaletto menu, too, recently. With the new "Daily Specials" we picked our days to eat there according to what we liked (loved the Swordfish Puttanesca)!

Interesting - things keep changing!:) We're looking forward to seeing how they do it on the Nieuw Statendam. We enjoyed the changes to the Canaletto menu, too, recently. With the new "Daily Specials" we picked our days to eat there according to what we liked (loved the Swordfish Puttanesca)!

Ann, did they apply the 5* Mariner discount too? I'm on the Nieuw Statendam maiden voyage Dec. 5th.

Yes, on Koningsdam we got the discount in all the specialty dining places. (Just not the Cellar Master's Dinner.)

I just rechecked the cruise planner and I was able to click on the a la carte menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Koningsdam for the March, 2018 transatlantic from FLL to Rome. The Culinary Arts Center consistently had the best and most varied food on the ship. Dinner was a set price of $15 (less 4* mariner discount). The CAC never seemed to be crowded. We would book a table on the day we wanted to dine, but several times we just walked in at about 7 PM.

I just spoke to HAL's Client Services people about the Culinary Arts Center because as of today it doesn't list a price or a sample menu on my computer. We are sailing on Koningsdam in November.

I was informed that the information wasn't there because the venue was "always changing." Now it's a sports bar type atmosphere with ala carte pricing and food like burgers, wings, and typical bar food.