Oceania Sirena Sails First Australian Circumnavigation Cruise

LauraS

<<<Additional features of Sirena’s revamp include new beds in every cabin, 24-hour butler service and a secluded gym with access to a fitness instructor and private spa facilities, available to Penthouse suite guests. >>>

Is there really a secluded gym only for PH guests ??

Not very well researched IMO

Sirena has only 2 gourmet restaurants - not 4 as the article implies.

It's always nice to get one's facts straight for a post like that :)

She only has two Specialty restaurants but I suspect that the Article references those two plus the Terrace and the GDR. The pool Grill is an added bonus. :halo:

She only has two Specialty restaurants but I suspect that the Article references those two plus the Terrace and the GDR. The pool Grill is an added bonus. :halo:

I love the Terrace but I would not call the Terrace (or the MDR) a gourmet restaurant; and if it is a gourmet restaurant then she has 5 gourmet restaurants with the Waves :D

We're glad to see Oceania has added this cruise to their schedule. We also noticed they have the Regatta scheduled to sail this cruise in Dec 2018. We're planning to do the cruise in 2019 and we're wondering which ship, the Regatta or the Serena, would be the better one to take if you were going to book one of their verandas?

We're glad to see Oceania has added this cruise to their schedule. We also noticed they have the Regatta scheduled to sail this cruise in Dec 2018. We're planning to do the cruise in 2019 and we're wondering which ship, the Regatta or the Serena, would be the better one to take if you were going to book one of their verandas?

The two ships are basically identical with a few minor exceptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hopefully they are going to sail Sydney to Sydney in December 2017 on Regatta because that's what we signed up for.....not 2018!!

Don't know if that makes a difference to Ken the Cruiser.

Hopefully they are going to sail Sydney to Sydney in December 2017 on Regatta because that's what we signed up for.....not 2018!!

Don't know if that makes a difference to Ken the Cruiser.

My fault about the date. The years are starting to blend together, but we're still looking to take the cruise in 2019. As far as which ship, it doesn't matter as both appear to be quite beautiful and newly refurbished. The big key for us as I mentioned in an earlier thread is whether or not Oceania offers Great Barrier Reef excursions like taking the 2 hour catamaran cruise some others have suggested out to a spot where you can snorkel and/or look at a part of the reef in an underwater enclosed area. But, 2019 is still a long way out so we'll just have to wait and see how Oceania's excursions evolve.

I'm sure O will offer the GBReef as an excursion. So many people want to see it!

If not, there are plenty of ships right by where you'll dock that you can go talk to about taking you out.

Begin watching O's website for 2019 cruises and if circumnavigation of OZ is there, jump on it as it is a popular cruise with its own citizens. As one said, "we see our country in a completely different way if we go by ship."

Currently on Sirena. Doing a GBR private excursion in 2 days. Watch out for the port times. The private boats leave at 8 AM and we dock at 10 so I chartered a 35 passenger boat and put together a group from CC. Ships excursion goes to a barge which is said to be crowded.

Robbie

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We took the shorex and yes there were a bunch of us on the "barge" BUT it also had lifeguards and the place they took us was absolutely outstanding in terms of what we got to see.

There were bathrooms and showers and they provided lessons for the inexperienced snorklers and ones that were just plain old scared...and had everybody in the water that wanted to.

Our location was geographically VERY large so the snorkelers were able to spread out and not run into each other.

One of the private tours was not as happy as we were because the place they were taken to had poorer visibility...others on private tours were happy.