Diving

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:20 PM.
Edmonton, Canada
670 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
We're doing a 7 day cruise out of Bali in September on the Starclipper. Are there any diving excursions?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Starclippers - September 2017, Bali

Past Cruises:
Celebrity Equinox - April 2015, Western Caribbean; Celebrity Eclipse - April 2013, Eastern Caribbean; Celebrity Silhouette - April 2012, Eastern Caribbean; Celebrity Equinox - November 2011, Eastern Mediterranean; Celebrity Equinox - November 2010, Western Caribbean
Hampshire, England
1,549 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Originally posted by gonesalsa
We're doing a 7 day cruise out of Bali in September on the Starclipper. Are there any diving excursions?

You are in the same boat as me. The cruise Personaliser doesn't list excursions: they only say diving is an option.

I would love to return to Tulamben on the far side of Bali, I've dived there on a number of occasions on the USS Liberty wreck...

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dancing above the Waves.

Diving below them.

488 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Years ago SC had their own DMs aboard with all the requisite gear aboard - tanks, compressors, BCs, etc. - and we'd dive from the ship's Zodiacs. We'd usually be at 60' an hour after the ship's crew dropped the hook. They don't do dive stuff anymore - apparently the issue is multiple regulations for multiple countries and multiple insurance issues. It was fun while it lasted. Addressing your current concern - pardon my geezing - my thinking is that the dive excursions are few and far between. We saw none offered in our three weeks in the eastern Med and haven't seen too many in the Caribbean. Maybe you could DIY . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
36 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
I was on Starclipper this past Jan 2017 and was happy to find they have hired a Dive Instructor to be on board. He was excellent and I got to do 3 dives. His contract is for a year so he should be on your ship. I suggest you bring your own fins as the ones on board were awful. Have fun

Edmonton, Canada
670 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Thanks for the info. How much did Starclippers charge for the dives?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Starclippers - September 2017, Bali

Past Cruises:
Celebrity Equinox - April 2015, Western Caribbean; Celebrity Eclipse - April 2013, Eastern Caribbean; Celebrity Silhouette - April 2012, Eastern Caribbean; Celebrity Equinox - November 2011, Eastern Mediterranean; Celebrity Equinox - November 2010, Western Caribbean
488 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Originally posted by satie37
I was on Starclipper this past Jan 2017 and was happy to find they have hired a Dive Instructor to be on board. He was excellent and I got to do 3 dives. His contract is for a year so he should be on your ship. I suggest you bring your own fins as the ones on board were awful. Have fun

That's great news!