Offered upsell to a penthouse suite on Marina

workstocruise

TA emailed and called yesterday with offer from O regarding upsell, but I wasn't home and missed him before he left for the day. Also called Oceania number and they close at 5. My question is, "did I miss the window to accept their offer?" The email from O says first come, first served.

You didn't necessarily miss a time window but indeed the offer might already be taken by others. Or maybe not. Depends on the offer and the interest by those it was offered to, and maybe everyone else was away fir a couple of days too. Or maybe not.

If you missed this one but want to take upgrades give your TA the authority to accept such and such upgrade up to a certain price. And outside of those parameters to contact you.

We took a downsell for a PH on NAUTICA to a B2 last summer for a big bundle of $$$. We immediately regretted our acceptance and tried to back out but it was already too late. (In the end we didn't mind the smaller quarters since the payout basically paid for our next cruise.)

So you may have time, or you may not.

That is why people suggest that if you are willing to accept an offer you should let your TA know in advance what you are looking for. That way your TA can accept immediately if the offer is in the parameters you have laid out.

If you are on the 10-6 cruise in your signature, as of tonight there are the following cabins available on O's web site:

PH1 = 6

PH2 = 2

PH3 = 2

A1 = 7

If not too personal, what was the offer?

Good luck,

John

If you are on the 10-6 cruise in your signature, as of tonight there are the following cabins available on O's web site:

PH1 = 6

PH2 = 2

PH3 = 2

A1 = 7

If not too personal, what was the offer?

Good luck,

John

I could not locate the cabins available on O's site. Would appreciate if you can tell us how to locate it on their site. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got the upsell from a B4 veranda on deck 7 to a Ph3 on deck 10. We had our choice of several Ph2 and Ph3 and 1 Ph1 but that one was right under the terrace which I didn't want. The Ph2 were all on the starboard side and we wanted port side so we took the Ph3. It is all the way forward on deck 10 but we don't mind the walk so we're happy. The total cost was $1600. Plus after we booked this cruise, we got a $1500 price drop so it's almost a wash.

I could not locate the cabins available on O's site. Would appreciate if you can tell us how to locate it on their site. Thanks.

Hi Anthony,

You do a fake booking on web site. This requires a User Name and Password if you already have one. If not, you will have to create one.

A little warning, once I first made my log in I was solicited on phone from an O sales rep. I did not like it but told them I already have a TA and they never called again.

We got the upsell from a B4 veranda on deck 7 to a Ph3 on deck 10... total cost was $1600.

Awesome!!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing specifics on your deal;)

Cheers,

John

Thank you everyone. Yes we are excited and no I probably won't be happy with anything less than a suite:D but on the other hand l'll take the veranda if it means going on another cruise. When we first started cruising we only booked inside cabins till we tried that first veranda, then we were hooked on balconies and never went back. I'm afraid this may happen again. Oh well!