Stateroom 9295 on Solstice - any thoughts?

lovedecruise

Hi, have just been allocated room 9295 on Solstice as a guarantee. Initially we were delighted to see a larger balcony on the ship deck plan but since have discovered it is normal size. Could only find one review for this cabin and a little bit concerned to read they could smell smoke from the promenade deck. Has anyone else been in this room and noticed the smoke. I would have thought Deck 9 might avoid the smoke, but obviously not. Any other comments? Thanks for your help.

I found only one review, from 2009, that mentioned smoke from an employee smoking area. If it continued to be a problem in the intervening years, I would think we would have seen further reports of this. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

We've been on the Ecliose one deck below this cabin. We had no complaints. It's a long walk from the elevators and your view down is to the roof of the restaurant , not the sea., but your view is totally unobstructed. We thought these were small details and were more than happy getting this cabin as a guarantee. From the 8 th floor beliow I dont recall any issue with smoke.

I wouldn't worry about that location at all. Most people that smoke on the promenade do so midship where the ashtrays are located. It dissipates by the time it gets all the way aft.

What is nice about your location is that hardly anybody will be walking past your room so it should be nice and quiet.

Many thanks for all your reassurances re the smoking. Glad to hear it should be a quiet location as that is one of our priorities when we select a cabin. We'll just have to hope we have quiet neighbours.:)

At least the cabins on Celebrity are pretty good at blocking out sounds. Even the connecting rooms on the S-class ships are done in such a way that you aren't sharing a wall with your neighbor. We've not encountered too much of a noise issue on these ships. Keeping our fingers crossed that your neighbors are quiet!!