Handicapped Accessible - Room 4035 - INSIGNIA - Pics Enclosed

UAL_FlyGal

Sure hope able-bodied people don't book this room just to get some extra floor space. Unfortunately Oceania doesn't do much to stop anyone asking for the room to have it.

We had this cabin last year. We had the steward remove the glass table as it gets in the way. Also the large chair by the door is also poorly placed. With the chair where it is, it is a very tight turn coming in the room and making a quick turn. There is nowhere good to place it. We moved it over a few inches partly blocking the washroom entrance but it made it somewhat easier to get into the room with a wheelchair.

We were assigned this cabin on Regatta. It is the same. Chair and glass table had been removed. Notice the door behind the chair in the picture, it's some kind of cleaning closet; we had a bit of noise from it.

Tub wall is very high, needed that step to get over it.

When booking inside guarantees, we have been assigned HC cabins on a couple of lines including O.

While management is planning revamping of bathrooms to remove tubs in higher suites, I agree that they should consider doing so for the handicapped rooms on the "R" ships. We once were considering taking my in-laws with us on a cruise, but my BIL was a stroke victim without the use of his left side. There's no way he could have used any bathtub, let alone one with high sides. That step stool wouldn't have helped him at all.

While we are redesigning the bathrooms, what about considering a walk-in tub for the handicapped cabins? I only know about them from watching TV commercials, so I don't know how practical that idea is to begin with.