entertainment on Equinox

Wymond

HI,

We will be the first time on Celebrity Equinox. Do we need to reserve any on-board entertainment, such as shows, on line before sailing?

We ever sailed on Oasis and Allure. There were a lot of entertainment on them, Such as Ice show, musical show,etc. What can I expect on Equinox?

Thanks,

The S-class Celebrity ships are a completely different experience from the 5000 pass Oasis mega ships.

Two shows most night in the theater, one for early seating, the other for late. Many will skip them for the fun at the Martini Bar or smooth jazz in the Ensemble Lounge.

PS: we have sailed the Equinox 2x

On the Equinox for the President's cruise there was 2 nights of comedians (different ones), 1 comedy magic act, 3 production shows (Elysium, Life, and Topper), a Broadway revue style show with the singers and dancers, and I can't remember the other night (8 night cruise). Might have been game shows or something. I loved the Broadway show, and of the 3 production shows, Topper was the best, but the others were good too. Elysium was a little eclectic and dreamy, but still good. All had popular music you've heard, and the singers and dancers were really good. Here's a teriffic, up to date cruise critic article about what production shows are on which Celebrity ship:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2833

My son and I never had a problem finding decent seats at any of the shows. We got there about 20-30 minutes early, though. Close to show time, it gets harder.

On the Equinox for the President's cruise there was 2 nights of comedians (different ones), 1 comedy magic act, 3 production shows (Elysium, Life, and Topper), a Broadway revue style show with the singers and dancers, and I can't remember the other night (8 night cruise).

The other night was December 63, they were a Frankie Vallie and the 4 Seasons group. Which was also very enjoyable.

We only made it to 3 of the shows we were too busy having fun elsewhere.

HI,

We will be the first time on Celebrity Equinox. Do we need to reserve any on-board entertainment, such as shows, on line before sailing?

We ever sailed on Oasis and Allure. There were a lot of entertainment on them, Such as Ice show, musical show,etc. What can I expect on Equinox?

Thanks,

You are in for a big let down comparing it to the Allure/Oasis, in 1 word BORING!!!

The S-class ships are much more mellow than the Oasis class ships. While there are a variety of shows to choose from on Oasis class, S-class has one show each night for early and late dinner seating. I knew going in this would be far more low-key so we really did enjoy the time to kick back and relax rather than be constantly entertained. Tip- bottle of champagne on the balcony watching the sunset was better than any show!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

It stands to reason that with almost twice the people, the mega ships will and should have twice the entertainment choices. Also in general, the Celebrity cruiser is not interested in flow riders, rock climbing and the like. And if I want a shopping mall atmosphere, I would just go to my local shopping mall. As someone said, to each his own.

How comfortable are the seats in the theater? We've been on the Allure, Oasis, Liberty and our most recent three cruises were on NCL ships. Those NCL ships had the worst seats I have ever sat in. New to Celebrity I am hoping the Equinox theater seats are comfortable at least for the length of the show.

The seats in the theater on Equinox and all S class ships are ok; nothing special, but much better than those on NCL or Princess. But the best theater seats are on the

M class ships, with a small cocktail table for every two people.

• 3 weeks later...

Just off the Equinox....agree with folks who enjoyed the production shows...the current group is really talented. They also have Ashlie-Amber who was a cast member back in March and now is a featured performer. But on a daily/nightly basis the best part is Spacey as cruise director. Really enjoy him and his presence on the ship.

Curious to hear what others think.

December63 was ok...a bit cheesy.

Just off the Equinox....agree with folks who enjoyed the production shows...the current group is really talented. They also have Ashlie-Amber who was a cast member back in March and now is a featured performer. But on a daily/nightly basis the best part is Spacey as cruise director. Really enjoy him and his presence on the ship.

Curious to hear what others think.

December63 was ok...a bit cheesy.

We were on the September 4and 15th Cruises. The big difference was Richard spacey! He returned on September 15th and made all the difference in the world. Much more fun and excitement. Enjoyed all entertainment especially the extremely talented production cast. They were the best we’ve seen!