Any Feedback for Jimmy & Tanya Curtis (Volunteer Point Falkland Island Excursion)

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:49 PM.
280 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Our ship Emerald Princess will be visiting Volunteer Point on March 6 2018. It seems that most of the tours/excursions are full already. Jimmy & Tanya Curtis has spaces available. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with this company? Thanks so much.

Jimmy & Tanya Curtis - email: [email protected]
[email protected]
https://m.facebook.com/volunteerpointtours
Florida
2,669 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
I don’t know anything about the Curtis tour but thought I would share the company’s website that we are booked with in 2019 in case you haven’t found them yet. http://estancia-excursions.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Wayfairers
12/06 RC Navigator of the Seas - 7d Eastern Caribbean
01/08 HAL Ryndam - 30d Hawaii/South Pacific
03/08 Carnival Spirit - 7d Mexican Riviera
06/08 Princess Sapphire - 10d Alaska
01/09 Celebrity Galaxy - 10d Southern Caribbbean
10/11 HAL Maasdam - 45d Atlantic Adventurer (RT FLL to Europe)
05/14 Carnival Legend - 7d Western Caribbean
06/14 Carnival Conquest - 7d Eastern Caribbean
07/15 HAL Veendam - 1st 18d of Voyage of the Vikings (Boston-Amsterdam)
10/15 Norwegian Spirit - 28d Transatlantic (Venice-Orlando)
01/16 HAL Rotterdam - 89d Passage to the Far East

Looking forward to.....
01/19 HAL Prinsendam- 80d Grand South America and Antarctica Voyage
Toronto
9 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by alert
Our ship Emerald Princess will be visiting Volunteer Point on March 6 2018. It seems that most of the tours/excursions are full already. Jimmy & Tanya Curtis has spaces available. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with this company? Thanks so much.

Jimmy & Tanya Curtis - email: [email protected]
[email protected]
https://m.facebook.com/volunteerpointtours
We have booked with Jimmy Curtis for our tour to Volunteer Point in January. I can certainly give a review afterwards.
1 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Originally posted by torontocruiser67
We have booked with Jimmy Curtis for our tour to Volunteer Point in January. I can certainly give a review afterwards.
We also booked Jimmy Curtis for our March cruise and a review will be really helpful for us too. Can you give us an rough idea as to when in January we should check for the review. Thank you.
Texas
26 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
I don't know anything about Jimmy Curtis but what I can tell you is that all the tour companies that go out to Volunteer Point all end up at the same spot and typically travel in groups in case a vehicle gets stuck. We went with Estancia but saw all the other tour companies. We were there Jan 2017. It was the spectacular to see all the Kings! Getting out to the point is part of the adventure. The drivers go up and down hills, over mossy bogs, thru some previously made tracks and in some cases blazed new trails. If Jimmy Curtis is the only one available still take him. You won't be disappointed. As I understand it because Volunteer Point is private land there are only a few companies that are allowed out there and they have to meet certain requirements. Enjoy!
We live on a small lake in rural Nebr.
7,607 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
I agree with the last poster. We were in the Falklands last month.

As far as I know all the tours to Volunteer Point are essentially the same and they do travel in convoys, due to many vehicles getting stuck. The vehicles helped each other out if stuck. That drive is quite an experience! There were some people who booked tours right on the dock; same tour companies as everyone else.

We went with Estancia, which was great,but really I don't see how one company could be all that different from another since the tours all go to the same place with approximately the same time frame and travel together. We were just glad we weren't on the ship excursion at twice the price!

We didn't get stuck but saw quite a few who did. Be prepared for a bone-jarring drive. The King penguins were wonderful; we probably would not do this again because of the ride, but so glad we did it once.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SciFi
Eagle, ID
480 Posts
Joined May 2015
Any way you can get to Volunteer Point, do it! All of the drivers, for all of the tour companies clump up before heading off road. Everybody gets there and leaves at the same time.

The Kings were glorious. The Gentoos are fun to watch (fat little triangles waddling around). The Magellanics are adorable. Just go!