I need 2 Points!

Richjoxyz

We tried that but it did not work for us when we "earned" Diamond the 2nd night of a cruise. We had to wait until we finished that cruise and were on the next one in order to enjoy the diamond perks. That is the standard policy.

And never bothered me in the least. It just made that next cruise that

much more sweet and very much more anticipated. :hearteyes:

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if you took a land tour through RCI before a cruise, and then hit the next level while you are on land tour?

We will be at 74 points after our Christmas cruise and have an Alaska cruise booked next June in a suite. We also booked three day pre-cruise land tour through RCI, so we would technically hit 80 points before we boarded. Or would they just consider that all as part of the same cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if you took a land tour through RCI before a cruise, and then hit the next level while you are on land tour?

We will be at 74 points after our Christmas cruise and have an Alaska cruise booked next June in a suite. We also booked three day pre-cruise land tour through RCI, so we would technically hit 80 points before we boarded. Or would they just consider that all as part of the same cruise?

The land tour is considered part of the cruise, so the points would not accrue until a week or so after the end of the cruise.

Do land tour points double like with the suite?

They give an extra point per night for the land portion if the cruise portion is in a suite.

I don't know if they would also give an extra point per night for the land portion if the guest is a solo.

And never bothered me in the least. It just made that next cruise that

much more sweet and very much more anticipated. :hearteyes:

Agree. I'd bet most of us have/had been within a couple of points after a cruise or hit the required number of points during but before the end of a cruise.

Agree. I'd bet most of us have/had been within a couple of points after a cruise or hit the required number of points during but before the end of a cruise.

Agree. Think about it - probably most tier levels change mid cruise. Most - if not all - of ours have. I think it would be very rare for the exact number of points needed for a tier change to occur with the first day of the subsequent cruise. Mid level tier change recognition by the LA's on board would be a nightmare for them to keep up with. That is why the policy states that points are accumulated post cruise with any tier level change effective on the next. :)

all of these ways to get 2 or 3 points to get to the next level cost money. Even a short 3 or 4 night cruise from a port near home cost a few hundred dollars. Are the few extra perks you get really worth spending that much money. Or maybe it is not the perks but the status that is important.

all of these ways to get 2 or 3 points to get to the next level cost money. Even a short 3 or 4 night cruise from a port near home cost a few hundred dollars. Are the few extra perks you get really worth spending that much money. Or maybe it is not the perks but the status that is important.

Good point. Not speaking for the OP, but in general it probably is a little of both. Once you reach Diamond, having the increased balcony discount and access to the Diamond Club for the cocktail hour and on board Concierge services are a couple of perks (among others) that are attractive to many. And for others the status (perceived or real) may indeed be important as well.

Good point. Not speaking for the OP, but in general it probably is a little of both. Once you reach Diamond, having the increased balcony discount and access to the Diamond Club for the cocktail hour and on board Concierge services are a couple of perks (among others) that are attractive to many. And for others the status (perceived or real) may indeed be important as well.

Our bar bill went from several hundred to less than $50. The Diamond Lounge/3 free drink perk is worth quite a bit if you are a drinker.

I just did the math and after 2 more cruises in a suite (yeah...I'm hooked), we will be at 76 points. Time to start a new, completely unfounded controversy...RCI is purposely playing with their points formula and levels to leave us all a few points short of diamond, in an attempt to sell more cabins on short cruises! I, for one, will not stand for this unethical behavior and plan to immediate start over and build points on a different cruise line. If Richard Fain will credit my account with 4 points, I will consider staying. Who's with me? ;p

Almost-78 point club here too! We have 70 now and booked on an 8-nighter in December. We keep discussing possibility of upgrading to a suite or anything to get us to that level...but prohibitively expensive for our sailing right now...but I'll keep watching!

After my next Trans Atlantic my Father and I will only have 8 points away from Diamond. Guess what that means another cruise(:.

So what I will do is just continue to cruise. Quite frankly we made it to Emerald very quickly as we take 14 or 15 night cruises in an Oceanview or Inside Cabin.

I concur book a three night cruise.

They give an extra point per night for the land portion if the cruise portion is in a suite.

I don't know if they would also give an extra point per night for the land portion if the guest is a solo.

Yes, you will get an extra point per night for the land portion if you are solo. I just did this on our cruise tour this past September.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If Richard Fain will credit my account with 4 points, I will consider staying. Who's with me? ;p

Nice thought, but as Michael Bayley is the CEO of RCI, he might be the better option......Richard Fain is CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd., the parent company...and my guess at this stage of his game he could care less about points....unless its tied to his bonus! ;)

Saw some cheap 4 day sailings for $149 pp for iside cabin. If you were going to book a balcony room on a future sailing you would get $100-$125 bigger diacount then emerald. So your cruise is going to cost $200 plus taxes for 4 nights. That is room, food and entertainment. Where i live you cant even get a flea bag motel for $50 a night all taxes included.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk