Royal Clipper Library

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:33 AM.
SF Bay Area, CA
1,827 Posts
Joined May 2004
How is the library?

Is there a good selection of fiction and non-fiction books?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheryl
08/04/19 Oceania Nautica - British Isles, Iceland, Greenland RT from Southampton
03/13/19 Majestic Princess - New Zealand RT from Sydney
12/22/18 Silversea Cloud Expedition - Antarctica RT from Ushuaia
09/15/18 Majestic Princess - Fiji, Vanuatu, New Caledonia RT from Sydney
07/05/18 Grand Princess - Alaska RT from SF
10/15/17 Grand Princess - California Coastal RT from SF
06/27/17 Pacific Princess - Norway, Spitsbergen, Murmansk RT from Dover
12/17/16 Royal Clipper - BVI Christmas Cruise RT from Barbados Pictures
04/02/16 Grand Princess - Hawaii RT from San Francisco Pictures
10/17/15 Grand Princess - CA Coastal RT from SF Pictures
01/03/15 Star Princess - Mexican Riviera RT from SF Pictures
04/06/14 Grand Princess - California Coastal RT from SF
02/08/13 Ocean Princess - French Polynesia RT from Papeete
09/24/12 Star Princess - Pacific Coastal
05/16/12 Island Princess - Alaska Inside Passage RT from Vancouver
05/13/12 Star Princess - Pacific Coastal
09/24/11 Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal
05/19/11 Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal
10/04/10 Island Princess - Pacific Coastal
05/22/10 Sea Princess - Alaska RT from SF
04/17/09 Star Princess - Mexican Riviera RT from SF
05/19/08 Coral Princess - Alaska Voyage of the Glaciers Southbound
05/12/08 Coral Princess - Alaska Voyage of the Glaciers Northbound
01/16/07 Tahitian Princess - French Polynesia & Marquesas Islands
05/26/06 Regal Princess - Alaska RT San Francisco (Haines, Sitka)
05/12/05 Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal
04/24/05 RCI Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean RT from Miami
04/17/04 Tahitian Princess - French Polynesia & Cook Islands
04/19/03 Star Princess - Mexican Riviera RT Long Beach
06/08/02 RCI Radiance of the Seas - Alaska RT from Vancouver
04/22/01 RCI Voyager of the Seas - Western Caribbean RT from Miami
Alberta
1 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
The library on Royal Clipper is a very lovely room. It seems to have a rotating collection of books. Bring one - take one. It also has the daily news sheet. Lectures are held there occasionally. Enjoy!
Washington State
545 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by Puce Olive
The library on Royal Clipper is a very lovely room. It seems to have a rotating collection of books. Bring one - take one. It also has the daily news sheet. Lectures are held there occasionally. Enjoy!
I agree that the library is lovely. but the books I saw there in Feb/Mar were few and mostly very old. There was also a selection of books in German and French. I saw no evidence of any rotating collection as you see on the main stream cruise lines where there are regular shipments of current best sellers in both fiction and nonfiction. Of course, you might get lucky but don't bet on it.

Perhaps I am spoiled with my Kindle. I usually have 15 or 20 books loaded and ready to read ranging from current novels to classics like Mark Twain and my interest in History of the area I am traveling in. All contained in a neat package that I can easily take anywhere. I can read my Kindle in the sun with sun glasses on or in the dark with the backlight on. I need to charge it about once a week. Obviously I am a fan
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
1,113 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
The library was fine for me. I read a lot and on our 10 day cruise I think I read 8 books that I got from the library. I think about half or a little bit more of the books are in English, the rest in other languages (mainly German I think).

I had to search a bit to find books I wanted to read, but it was not hard. Near the end of trip when I returned a book, I noticed other ones that were not there before, so I picked up two of those to read.

Overall I'd say it was nice if you like to read a variety of topics. If you like just one (say murder mysteries), you might find it to be more limited.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
All our Cruise Pictures

1989 Dawn Princess - Eastern Caribbean ..............................1990 Dawn Princess - Alaska............................................ ......2001 RCCL Voyager of the Seas - Western Caribbean
2002 RCCL Radiance of the Seas - Alaska..............................2003 Star Princess - Mexican Riviera.........................................20 04 Tahitian Princess - French Polynesia
2005 RCCL Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean.......2005 Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal..........................................2 006 Regal Princess - Alaska
2007 Tahitian Princess - Marquesas........................................2 008 Coral Princess - Alaska Northbound and Southbound.......2009 Star Princess - Mexican Riviera
2010 Sea Princess - Alaska RT from SF..................................2010 Island Princess - Pacific Coastal........................................201 1 Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal 05/19/11
2011 Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal 09/24/11........................2012 Star Princess - Pacific Coastal........................................... 2012 Island Princess - Alaska Inside Passage
09/24/12 Star Princess - Pacific Coastal..................................02/08/13 Ocean Princess - French Polynesia...............................04/06/14 Grand Princess - California Coastal
01/03/15 Star Princess - Mexican Riviera................................10/17/15 Grand Princess - CA Coastal..........................................0 4/02/16 Grand Princess - SF to Hawaii RT
12/17/16 Royal Clipper - BVI Christmas Cruise.......................06/27/17 Pacific Princess - Midnight Sun and Spitsbergen..........10/15/17 Grand Princess - California Coastal
7/05/18 Grand Princess - Alaska RT from SF..........................12/22/18 Silver Cloud Expedition - Antarctica...............................