Live on Infinity / Panama Canal

Jane2357

Embarkation 4/2 was delayed due to a heavy cleaning and two separate inspections. Check in however was easy and quick. We waited in Michael's for a bit, ate lunch in Luminae. Cabins opened around 2:30.

Ship is in great shape and spotless. Friendly crew and passengers. Was out walking this morning around 7:30 on our first sea day - not a saved seat around the pool so I hope this means the chair hogs missed the ship. LOL.

Went to Beyond Podium talk today - Bill Fall was very good. Cruise Critic party was a 9:30 and well attended.

Tonight is Chic night.

If I can answer any questions please let me know. I will not be posting photos but I'll help if I can.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise. One month from now we too, will be on board. Can't wait.

Are you able to find out if they have implemented the new beverage package rules? Specifically, Classic package -- beer, wine and spirits up to $9 and if you'd like something more pricey you only pay the difference? And with that change I suspect there might be new drink menus with new higher pricing? This might not be as obvious but someone might know.

Thank you.

Jane, thank you so much for posting this LIVE review. We were originally on this sailing, but, due to snow birding in Florida this year we decided the timing was not right. In fact, we just returned HOME last evening from Florida. We are now on the October 24 PC cruise.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise!!

Embarkation 4/2 was delayed due to a heavy cleaning and two separate inspections. Check in however was easy and quick. We waited in Michael's for a bit, ate lunch in Luminae. Cabins opened around 2:30.

Ship is in great shape and spotless. Friendly crew and passengers. Was out walking this morning around 7:30 on our first sea day - not a saved seat around the pool so I hope this means the chair hogs missed the ship. LOL.

Went to Beyond Podium talk today - Bill Fall was very good. Cruise Critic party was a 9:30 and well attended.

Tonight is Chic night.

If I can answer any questions please let me know. I will not be posting photos but I'll help if I can.

Thanks for the update Jane. We'll be following along very closely, as we will be boarding Infinity for the east-bound PC cruise when you disembark in San Diego. It will be our first time on Infinity and happy to hear that she is in good shape.

Thank you for taking the time to post this info. We board in two weeks and anxiously await your arrival. (Not that I want your vacation to end)! I would love to hear about the evening entertainment? Enjoy your cruise.

Karen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2nd sea day and the ship is rocking. Started in the evening and went through the night and now today. Not severe but I've met a handful of people today that are not feeling well.

Food in Luminae is excellent - last night I ordered the upsell lobster and it was worth it. Tonight we are doing the Cellar Masters special wine pairing dinner. This is new experience for us and we'll see if it is worth the $$.

Do not miss the 1st sea nights show - a 70's themed number that was so enjoyable and I happily sang along - it was my time - lol.

We had an issue when we discovered I failed to pack DH black dress socks for his tux (yes we are those people). Our amazing butler lent us some of his and actually pressed them before bringing them to us. Service above the call of duty!!! I'm gotten word to his supervisor.

I saw a handful of others in gowns/tux and we got some many compliments. So if you enjoy do it - or not - no judging.

The officers were out having a great time - dancing and mingling. Wonderful night. After the show we stayed again for the comedian - excellent and clean show.

I'll try to find out about the bev package question - we have the premium so we haven't noticed a change.

Food in Luminae is excellent - last night I ordered the upsell lobster and it was worth it. Tonight we are doing the Cellar Masters special wine pairing dinner. This is new experience for us and we'll see if it is worth the $$

Upsell lobster in Luminae??? When did this start?

I have seen upsell steaks in Tuscan Grille specialty restaurant, but now with the prices of suites they want you to pay more in the dining room? That's absurd!

Were there other upsells on the Luminae menu? How much more are they charging for this?

Loving the LIVE review. Thanks so much, Jane! We sail on her next month. Thank you for mentioning how much you enjoyed the show, otherwise I may have missed it. The same goes for the comedian. Kuddos to your butler for loaning dh some black pants!

We've never sailed on a Millennium Class ship and was interested in your suite accommodations. We've always booked a S1 or S2 on Solstice ships, but I understand the S1/S2 are smaller on Infinity. I've read some reviews that the Millie ships need a refurb. Thanks for any info.

I decided last minute to rent Tuxedos through Celebrity once I read,

I saw a handful of others in gowns/tux and we got some many compliments. So if you enjoy do it - or not - no judging.

Thanks to Jane and this thread, we ordered them last night.

We are on the next cruise going east and I was on the fence about it. We ordered through cruiselineformal.com. Hope this helps!

I decided last minute to rent Tuxedos through Celebrity once I read,

Thanks to Jane and this thread, we ordered them last night.

We are on the next cruise going east and I was on the fence about it. We ordered through cruiselineformal.com. Hope this helps!

Thank you!

Well this has to be fast - the internet minutes go to quickly but mostly we has little free time! :) We are docking in Colon, Panama right this minute! We have a tour booked through Robtad's for 10 people that promises to be wonderful. A long day. Dinner tonight with 4 new friends in Qzine.

The rough seas we had went through the second sea night - it was too difficult to sleep and many people were not well. Last night leaving Artagena - it was smooth sailing - finally. Beautiful tour in Cartagena with Brayan Munoz through Cartagena Explore. Much more on that after the cruise when I have time.

Last night was a nice meeting with the Officers in Luminae - then dinner after and an early night as today is going to be a long one.

We did do the Cellar Master's wine/dinner in the Tuscan wine cellar room the night before - expensive but the wine we were drinking was in the 160 bottle price range so worth the money. Watched our first bottle "sabering". Fun.

Almost forgot - sail away on helipad from Cartagena yesterday. Not sure how they determined who was invited be as a suite guest and newly elite we were and it was fun but so hot.

OK - gotta run.

Thanks! I guess this was in the first post. Sorry. Anyway Bill is very good.

I thought I had read it on this thread, but I knew he was on this trip as well as the next two. He has a tremendous wealth of knowledge on the Canal.:)

Crazy story but true. Because I had read a review on CC from 2014 - the year I booked this cruise about a guy getting into the control of the Panama Canal - I thought - why not ask. Not since then but yesterday the same guide was able to get myself, DH and 10 other people that had joined my tour from our roll call into the control room.

We walked into the secure area and had to WALK ACROSS THE TOP OF THE LOCKS. Scary! Too bad I don't know how to put pictures here but I will post some in the Celebrity Facebook group.

1.5 we hung out - we got to take the computer mouse and open and close the locks. We stood on the high balcony of the control room and took incredible photos. We also got into the port authority control room where they control all the ship/dock activity - this was also incredible.

So I'd say that if you are booking for 2020/21 ish -- ask - miracles do happen. I will review this experience in detail after the cruise.