Regatta suggestions

tonamie

We will be on an Alaskan cruise in July on Regatta. We have a B2 veranda, and we look forward to our balcony. We are particularly anxious to experience the itinerary, food, and ship. So...In order to enjoy some hidden jems on a Regatta, we are asking veteran Regatta cruisers to share their "favorite find" that they have enjoyed while on their trips. For example, share the best spots for panoramic views, quiet getaway, seating, etc. In fact, please share any tips on how to enjoy the various areas and amenities of Regatta. Thank you for your tips!

well if we shared our hideaways then they will become crowded :p

The ship is smaller but still some nice spots to relax

deck 11 has loungers & a good view but no shade

Barristas on deck 5 for coffee

library is a great place to relax sometimes too nice & people have a nap there ;)

book your specialty restaurants as soon as you are allowed

you can always try for more reservations once onboard go to the podium in the Terrace each morning & ask

enjoy

We did Alaska on the Regatta last year. My favorite thing to do was get up early in the morning and go up to Horizons. They have a cappuccino machine set up and wonderful pastries. It was always quiet up there and I enjoyed the spectacular views along with my coffee. Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, Horizons in the morning. Deck 5 has some loungers outside and generally quiet. The library is beautiful and relaxing. During the day, the main bar area is quiet, too.

Enjoy breakfast in the main dining room, especially on a sea day--usually great views and leisurely dining.

Baristas has quick little snacks and good coffees, and the tea time in Horizons is very pleasant with the string quartet and nice pastries.

But my favorite spot is near the boutiques in early evening when the quartet plays and you can people watch.

The loungers in the corner near the pool, the far side from the bar. It is quiet, shaded and the padded loungers are really comfortable. Perfect spot to watch the scenery, take a nap, read, etc. But please don't leave your book and hog the space.

When the terrace cafe is crowded at breakfast, take your food out to Waves if it's not too chilly or eat the quickly breakfast at Waves.

Mary

While dining in MDR a couple of years ago I spotted a steak from Polo Grill on the menu. Best steak I have ever had!! Be on the watch for unusual offerings in the MDR. Loved, Loved, Loved our Alaskan Regatta cruise.

Evening trivia in Martini's.

We have never been to trivia in the evening - though we try to go to the afternoon session when we can.

How does the evening trivia compare?

* Is it a similar format?

* Do many people turn up?

* Are the questions similar?

We have never been to trivia in the evening - though we try to go to the afternoon session when we can.

It's trivia: same rules, maybe three to five groups of varying sizes. Usually starts between 8:30 and 8:45 and goes for about 45 minutes leading up to the evening show. Occasionally, there'll be a night of "name that tune." Play for O points.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be on an Alaskan cruise in July on Regatta. We have a B2 veranda, and we look forward to our balcony. We are particularly anxious to experience the itinerary, food, and ship. So...In order to enjoy some hidden jems on a Regatta, we are asking veteran Regatta cruisers to share their "favorite find" that they have enjoyed while on their trips. For example, share the best spots for panoramic views, quiet getaway, seating, etc. In fact, please share any tips on how to enjoy the various areas and amenities of Regatta. Thank you for your tips!

Having been on Regatta to Alaska twice last year, the best spot for watching for eagles, bears and wildlife is outside on Deck 11 (forward) especially when traveling the inside passage, get up early on Glacier visit day and gain a seat in the front row Horizons (deck 10) to view the scenery, and if you enjoy the waves get a lounger & blanket on Deck 5 which is also excellent for seeing whales. As others have suggested it is easy to enjoy this trip on Regatta - have fun!

One of the differences is that the day trivia is teams that are the same everyday. At night while there can be teams it's not always the same or your can play by yourself or with a smaller team.