Riviera 7000 7001

tine-tine

Fellow cruisers, can you help me with my current booking for B2B on Riviera net January/February, DH and I have booked 7001 an extended balcony on deck 7 as we were told it is in a good position, private at the end of the corridor. On our last cruise we were in cabin 7008 also an extended partly open balcony which we loved but unfortunately none of these balconies are available for our B2B. Does anyone have experience of cabins 7000 and 7001 beside the bulkhead, is the front of the balcony as wide as those adjacent or does the curved bulkhead make it smaller? I have searched the threads and unfortunately photographs do not make it clear and any comments don't specifically address my concerns. We are able to secure 7003 which is also an extended balcony but we thought only having cruisers on one side might be a benefit, we would appreciate any feedback?

x_125332.jpg

The veranda's of 7000 and 7001 (this photo shows 7001, just above the second r in Riviera) are more shaded than most because of the angled veranda of the cabin above, but the width of the veranda is identical to other Deck 7 cabins.

Stan and Jim' date=' anything for 8004 on Marina?

Thanks,

Donna[/quote']

Donna-

8004 is a triple with a single sofabed and a connecting door into 8006.

062327.jpg

Yours will be the angled veranda, two decks above the first R in the name of the ship. Of course, for you that R will be an M. ;)

Thank you StanandJim, I am worried now as we are paying full price and the curve of the bulkhead makes the front of the balcony look considerably smaller even if the width inside is the same. Has anyone stayed in 7000 or 7001 looks like I may have to change.

Thanks' date=' Stan and Jim, for the photo. It appears that the balcony is deeper on the bow end than normal, tapering down to the normal depth at the aft end. Correct?[/quote']

Exactly correct.

The exposure to the sea is identical to other cabins on that deck, and the veranda itself, though vaguely "L shaped" is significantly larger than what is standard.

It also has a fascinating perspective on the rest of the ship; you'll find yourself inviting people in just to see it.

Be happy where you are