Oceania Riviera Oceania Suite 12015

Salf777

Hi

We just booked our first Oceania cruise on the Riviera and are very excited. We have been given suite 12015 by our travel agent who is quite knowledgeable. Was wondering if anyone has been in this cabin and has anything they can share?

Is this a good location?

Any suggestions, is there a better Oceania Suite?

Any help appreciated.

I've only been in the aft suite, 11083, but we liked it well enough to book that suite and it's neighbor on our next two cruises. We like the added veranda space even though it means we lose some space in the suite itself. It's plenty large!

I did see a post last year that indicated one side of the OC suites on Deck 12 is better than the other, but I don't recall which was which! We were booked (I think) on the even number side which as I recall was deemed not as good. But I just looked at my records without success and don't have time to really search.

So starboard or port is preferable! Someone else will chime in, I'm sure.

Mura

We have always stayed in 12014 on the port side. We like that it is the first suite on the hallway ... the culinary center had absolutely no impact on us. I should point out that one of the two smoking areas is on the starboard side not too far from the entrance door to the elevators/stairs and the hallway to 12015. However, I have not heard any complaints about smoke from that area.

I did find my record about the suite we cancelled and it was 12015 ... so I would say you want to be on the even numbered side from what I heard.

Specifically what I read here is anyone's guess ... I did just see that 12015 and its neighboring suites might be impacted by noise from the fitness center.

We have stayed in 12015 twice and have not had any noise from the exercise room. We tend to use the terrace off the living room a lot and there has never been an odor from the smokers, or noise from the Artists Loft. We have also stayed on the port side, 12006, and have found no difference in one side or the other.

All the Oceania suites we have been in have been very quiet and comfortable.

We will be in 12008 in June as that was the only one left when we booked, and we are fine with that. I really don't think which side you are on matters, unless you want a view of the port rather than a water view and that depends on the direction the ship is in when docked.

Edited by dlouise

Wow Thank you all. Long time cruiser and have used the site to plan but just joined.

I have also read that specialty restaurants have to be booked well in advance? I am usually very good at doing all this how but does anyone know how far in advance these should be booked?

Wow Thank you all. Long time cruiser and have used the site to plan but just joined.

I have also read that specialty restaurants have to be booked well in advance? I am usually very good at doing all this how but does anyone know how far in advance these should be booked?

It goes by your cabin Category

It should have the date when you can book on your invoice

Or go online to "My Account"

once you add the cruise to booked cruises it should tell you on the right side

Ok so I logged into my Oceania and the only choices for dining reservations were La Reserve and Privee.

Are reservations required for restaurants like the Polo Grill, Toscana, Red Ginger etc.?

Our cruise is next year so maybe it's not open yet?

I like planning ahead so I do all this stuff now

The answer is you can't plan the regular restaurant (i.e. "free" reservations) until a certain period before the cruise, depending on your cabin category. If you go to the website and log in you may find the date when you can book these reservations,. Plenty people have posted the requirements here at CC but I don't know them off hand and you would need to do a search.

Given that your cruise isn't until next year, that explains why it is too early for you to book the regular specialties now. I'm thinking the time frame for the top suites is 90 days prior to the cruise, and it goes down from there. Someone will correct me, I know!

Privee and La Reserve are available now because you PAY now.

Mura

Ok so I logged into my Oceania and the only choices for dining reservations were La Reserve and Privee.

Are reservations required for restaurants like the Polo Grill, Toscana, Red Ginger etc.?

Our cruise is next year so maybe it's not open yet?

I like planning ahead so I do all this stuff now

Mura is right it is 90 days prior to the cruise for top suites after final payment is made

The exact date should be on the website when you look at your BOOKED CRUISES

Here you go, hope this helps you or some others.

How many dining reservations am I allowed in each specialty restaurant?

Guests are permitted to make the following reservations in our specialty restaurants - which vary by ship, category and length of cruise:

Marina and Riviera

Owner’s Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite

Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant

Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Penthouse Suite

Cruises 17 days or less: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

All cruises: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Insignia, Nautica, Regatta and Sirena

Concierge Level Veranda and above

Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant

Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant

All other categories

Cruises 17 days or less: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 2 reservations at each restaurant

When can I make reservations in the specialty restaurant?

Specialty restaurant reservations may be made in advance in the Booked Cruises section of My Account on our website, or by phone, according to the schedule below, and may be changed up until 7 days prior to sailing. Reservations must be paid in full prior to making reservations. Reservations may also be made onboard. Guests with priority embarkation privileges (Concierge and above) will have Priority Reservations from 11:00am until 1:00pm in Polo Grill. Guests in other staterooms can make their specialty restaurant reservations from 1:00pm - 5pm.

Owner’s Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite

Advance reservations may be made on the date final payment is due and has been received, which varies between 90 and 150 days, depending on length of sailing.

Penthouse Suite

Reservations may be made 75 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full.

Concierge Level Veranda

Reservations may be made 60 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full.

All Other Categories

Reservations may be made 45 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full.

Salf777,

Hi,We have an Oceania suite booked in January 2018. I was able to make all my restaurant reservations on June 4th this year.Exactly 7 months prior to cruise.Despite warnings that it may have been a mistake on the companies side and they will be removed,,they are still there.Email confirmation came through immediately.I checked and rechecked regularly (and still do) and it was pure chance that I went online in June to take a look.

Worth a try but remember I was warned they could be removed.

Salf777,

Hi,We have an Oceania suite booked in January 2018. I was able to make all my restaurant reservations on June 4th this year.Exactly 7 months prior to cruise.Despite warnings that it may have been a mistake on the companies side and they will be removed,,they are still there.Email confirmation came through immediately.I checked and rechecked regularly (and still do) and it was pure chance that I went online in June to take a look.

I cannot recall if we discussed this in another Post, but it is worth noting that in any OVO Suite, Specialty restaurant reservations become available as soon as final payment is made.

I cannot recall if we discussed this in another Post, but it is worth noting that in any OVO Suite, Specialty restaurant reservations become available as soon as final payment is made.

I think it's in this. Owner’s Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite

Advance reservations may be made on the date final payment is due and has been received, which varies between 90 and 150 days, depending on length of sailing.

Salf777,

Interesting, is your cruise over 15 days?

Yes J&S we have had a similar discussion.But I was only commenting on our booking so Salf777 can look early.We sail beginning January '18, booked our dining reservations in June '17 and our final payment is mid August '17. Despite what is written in print or 'known' by regular cruisers with Oceania,clearly we have had the opportunity to book very early.Not sure why,but there it is.

Orv..It is 18 nights.Obviously over 150 days prior to sailing.

For the "smoke" issue - this is a non event. There is avery heavy dor between the pool deck and the Oceania suites and this keeps the smoke out.

Dining reservations - for our next cruise (Nov 6 2017) we were told they would be available 8 August. I pre.paid the entire cruise bill on 1 Aug and was able to make all our dining reservations on 2 August. (We are in an Oceania suite)