Tango Show recommendations Buenos Aires

GweninTX

Our roll call group wants to go to a tango show before our cruise. I have found good reviews for Tango Madero and Tango Patero. I would like one that includes pickup at our hotels as we are all staying all over Buenos Aires. Please do not reply to use the search feature as I have searched and read hundreds. I would like recent attendees recommendations. I also think we will skip dinner unless you tell me it is worth it! Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you mean "Tango Portero" which is located on Cerritos in Barrio Norte, not far from the obelisk. Both it and Tango Madero are good choices for the kind of show you want. I also endorse your plan to skip dinner and just go for the "drinks" show. I believe you can buy tickets in advance or reserve them over the phone (with credit card) and you can dine much better in a nearby restaurant then cab it to the theater. Hailing cab(s) on the street is easy, safe and inexpensive. Just know how to say your destination!

You can more comfortably get to the restaurant in various cabs rather than have a bus circulate to all of the hotels. Then you can comfortably cab it to the tango destination.

Edited by pmacher61

I think you mean "Tango Portero" which is located on Cerritos in Barrio Norte, not far from the obelisk. Both it and Tango Madero are good choices for the kind of show you want. I also endorse your plan to skip dinner and just go for the "drinks" show. I believe you can buy tickets in advance or reserve them over the phone (with credit card) and you can dine much better in a nearby restaurant then cab it to the theater. Hailing cab(s) on the street is easy, safe and inexpensive. Just know how to say your destination!

You can more comfortably get to the restaurant in various cabs rather than have a bus circulate to all of the hotels. Then you can comfortably cab it to the tango destination.

Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...

Can you recommend a nearby restaurant to these venues?

Can you recommend a nearby restaurant to these venues?

Yes, however remember that taxis are inexpensive, plentiful, and safe so a restaurant can be selected without too much emphasis on proximity to either location. Tango Madero is in Puerto Madero and there are a plethora of upscale places within a stone's throw. I like Red Resto in the Hotel Madero. See https://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/bares/Red-Resto-Lounge-Hotel-Madero-1410 .

If you opt for Tango Porteno I suggest Marcelo's in the Hotel Intersur (on Av Callao). See https://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Marcelo--Hotel-Intersur-Recoleta--10050. There is also a related Marcelo in Puerto Madero, but I have not frequented the place as the Callao locale is near my home.