Laundry on Insignia

Kruzkrazy

Trying to remember ... I SHOULD remember since the "R" ships are the same and we were on two of them last July and October. But I think it's three. There is also a laundry board and iron for you to use. Soap is provided.

If you time it right, it's not a problem. DO NOT try to do laundry on a sea day. You'll have lots of friends joining you.

I suppose I should stop saying this but we generally go around cocktail/early dinner hour. It's easier on the "O" ships, of course, since there are many more machines. But the "R" ships only have one laundry room.

Another good time is everyone is in port and you decide to stay on board.

I have to say that we have rarely had a problem getting a machine.

Six? Where do they put them!!??

Don't get me wrong, you're there ... I'm not. Clearly have been some changes since we were last on an "R" ship. (And we were on Insignia quite a while ago.)

Mura

We were recently on HAL and they had an unlimited laundry package for the cruise, do you know if Insignia offers a similar package?

NO unless you are on the RTW cruise

They have a bag special on longer cruises usually over 14 days ..20 items for $25 or close

They have a bag special on longer cruises usually over 14 days ..20 items for $25 or close

Thanks.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Forums mobile app

Thanks.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Forums mobile app

There was a laundry bag special once or twice on the Singapore to Abu Dhabi segment last year 2017. I used that for heavier items like knit pants and wash pants for hubby and shirts. Ironing stuff like dress shirts for hubby were priced about the same as they are at home laundry and were done very well. Underclothes, knit pants/shirts and other sturdy things went into the washing machines. Buy up tokens at desk and they just put them on your account. There were some problems with finding open machines but not very much -- late afternoon seemed to work or during lectures. Some people took out my laundry wet and put it aside -- I was furious but warned the whole room so person coming back for laundry was very embarrassed and claimed he didn't -- but he did!:evilsmile: One problem for those of us not as tall as we would like to be -- top washer and dryer is a real pain -- completely over the head! Bring a tall friend!

There was a laundry bag special once or twice on the Singapore to Abu Dhabi segment last year 2017. I used that for heavier items like knit pants and wash pants for hubby and shirts. Ironing stuff like dress shirts for hubby were priced about the same as they are at home laundry and were done very well. Underclothes, knit pants/shirts and other sturdy things went into the washing machines. Buy up tokens at desk and they just put them on your account. There were some problems with finding open machines but not very much -- late afternoon seemed to work or during lectures. Some people took out my laundry wet and put it aside -- I was furious but warned the whole room so person coming back for laundry was very embarrassed and claimed he didn't -- but he did!:evilsmile: One problem for those of us not as tall as we would like to be -- top washer and dryer is a real pain -- completely over the head! Bring a tall friend!

How late were you getting back to the laundry room before the things were moved??

What ship has the washers on the top?

We have only seen the dryers stacked on top of washers

Last year 2016 on Regatta they had a step built in front of the machines so you could see in the dryers better

as the door of the washer cannot be opened during wash cycle i gather it had finished,Contents needs to be removed so other people may use it

as the door of the washer cannot be opened during wash cycle i gather it had finished,Contents needs to be removed so other people may use it

No it was set for time in dryer and I was back with 5 minutes to spare. I agree you have responsibility to be back but don't rush my time so you can hostile takeover of the dryer

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No it was set for time in dryer and I was back with 5 minutes to spare. I agree you have responsibility to be back but don't rush my time so you can hostile takeover of the dryer.

Sadly, this happens on other cruise lines as well. One time I returned (in time) to find my laundry dumped onto the floor! So rude! :mad:

No it was set for time in dryer and I was back with 5 minutes to spare. I agree you have responsibility to be back but don't rush my time so you can hostile takeover of the dryer

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would be annoyed then

I would have taken their items out & put mine back in ...well maybe not that would cause a fight in the laundry room then ;)

That is just plain rude of the other person

On R ships, doing laundry is an experience in timing. Often many people waiting to do laundry. Mealtime is a good option. Just time it and be there when your clothes finish. Ask your cabin steward for a laundry basket and hangers. Good luck. The $24.99 20 item bag offer is not an ongoing thing. On my recent cruise 12 days, it was only offered on days 9 and 11. If it had been offered earlier, I would have sent a bag.