New Port San Antonio, Chile instead of Valparaíso, Chile -Need New Transfer to Airpor

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:16 AM.
Florida
3,191 Posts
Joined Feb 2000
Hello Fellow Cruise Critic's -

We are booked on a 14 day cruise from Buenos Aires to Chile. We were to disembark in Valparaiso, Chile. However, Princess Cruise line has now changed to port to San Antonio, Chile. That is fine with us. However, I booked transfers from the port to the Santiago Airport. Has anyone ever deal with "i South America" They had good reviews. However, I have written them 3 times about the change and still haven't heard back from them. They mostly deal with Cruise Port to Airport Transfers & I did notice they book tours as well. Anyone ever dealt with them or any other transfer company from the San Antonio Port in Chile?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

All the Best, Ruth & Larry
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...4D4/edit#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...bmQ/edit#gid=0

Kansas City, MO
1,836 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
Look on TA. There are a number of suggestions. I am looking for someone to do the reverse-Santiago to Valparaiso to San Antonio on Feb. 14 to board the Emerald Princess. I know that Princess transfer options only will be expensive, more than a private transfer.
Toronto, Ontario,Canada
25 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Are you referring to South Excursions? We are booked with them for a San Antonio pickup, tour and drop at our hotel in Santiago. I've found them to be very quick to respond, even when we got the call about the port change. Perhaps you should recheck the address you are sending your email to. Good luck!
Vancouver
80 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
WE booked with Tours by locals and they were quick to respond to the change in ports with no extra fees needed.
1,281 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
If you are flying to Canada or US most flights leave late in
the evening. Suggest you book a tour to go on. The airport has
no seating and places to wait. You can't check in until 3 hours
before you flight. Remember, the airport may be jammed with
holiday travelers as it is Christian holidays as well as the
start of summer vacation holiday. Get to the airport 4 hour in advance for the long lines in check, and you should be within the
three hour period. Suggestions for tours is a winery and lunch.
Vancouver
42 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by susiesan
Look on TA. There are a number of suggestions. I am looking for someone to do the reverse-Santiago to Valparaiso to San Antonio on Feb. 14 to board the Emerald Princess. I know that Princess transfer options only will be expensive, more than a private transfer.
Hi Susiesan,

We, 7 seniors from Canada, are also searching the trip Santiago - Valparaiso (stay 1 night) - San Antonio, and board Emerald Princess on 14 Feb. It appears that there is bus service between Val - San Antonio. However, we like to charter a bus to bring us directly to cruise terminal. Is it also your idea?
Kansas City, MO
1,836 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
Originally posted by turicum
Hi Susiesan,

We, 7 seniors from Canada, are also searching the trip Santiago - Valparaiso (stay 1 night) - San Antonio, and board Emerald Princess on 14 Feb. It appears that there is bus service between Val - San Antonio. However, we like to charter a bus to bring us directly to cruise terminal. Is it also your idea?
I was gong to stay 2 nights in Santiago and one night in Valparaiso but I cancelled Valpo and will stay all 3 nights in santiago. My plan is to check out in Santiago Feb. 14, driver to Valparaiso for a 4-5 hour tour, then drive to San Antonio and arrive at the ship around 4:30. The ship sails now at 6:00, an hour later. I need to find 2 more people who want to join us and then the cost for the day is $120 each.
2 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
we are arriving at san antonio chile on December 23, 2017

any suggestion on public transportation to Vina Del Mar or Valpariso

Tur Bus only seems to go to Santiago

are there any shuttles provided by cruise line NCL or Hotels

any help appreciated Thanks
Vancouver
80 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
It is easier to go directly to San Antonio and not go to Valparaiso. Check a map and you will see there are different roads leading to each town, Valparaiso east of Santiago and San Antonio is south of Santiago. Once we stayed at Diego de Valazquez hotel in Santiago and found it lovely. It was in a great area for shopping and being close to park by river. Not sure how far to the airport...
170 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Does only one bus company go from Valparaiso San Antonio or is it like Santiago where many bus lines take the trip? I ask since Valparaiso is such a great city that I will spend a few nights there instead of a crap city like SA.
South Florida
67 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
On Celebrity Infinity Jan 7,2018. We just got notified today of the change in port, 60 days ahead of departure, now San Antonio. We already have transfers from airport to Valpo with wine excursion and hotel booked. I doubt we will be able to find a hotel in Santiago at this late date. I am interested in hearing anyone's experience who have done this or anyone on future cruises who have had to change their plans at these ports. Any advice? Will post on my roll call also.
Thanks,
Caroline
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CooksCruiser14

RCL Bahamas 1997
HAL Rotterdam, Baltic 2005
Viking River Cruises, China October 2011
Seabourn Sojourn, Fjords and North Cape, June 2012
Isabella 2, Galapagos Islands, September 2014
Alaskan Dream Cruises, Admiralty Dream, May 2016
Celebrity Equinox, Italy and the Greek Islands, September 7,2016
Viking River Cruises, Paris, Burgundy, and Provence, May, 2017
Celebrity Infinity, Chile and Argentina, January 2018
Vancouver
80 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by CooksCruiser14
On Celebrity Infinity Jan 7,2018. We just got notified today of the change in port, 60 days ahead of departure, now San Antonio. We already have transfers from airport to Valpo with wine excursion and hotel booked. I doubt we will be able to find a hotel in Santiago at this late date. I am interested in hearing anyone's experience who have done this or anyone on future cruises who have had to change their plans at these ports. Any advice? Will post on my roll call also.
Thanks,
Caroline

We liked Diego Valequez hotel in Santiago. Santiago is a large city with many hotels. San Antonio is much smaller. Valparaiso is out of the way for getting to San Antonio. It would be better to book transport from Santiago to San Antonio with a wine tour stop along the way.
Good Luck with your arrangements. It's all part of the adventure!
South Florida
67 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Thank you for your responses. I am arranging a private van for up to 12 people from Valparaiso to San Antonio. If anyone is interested they can find the information on our Roll Call page. Sail Date on Celebrity Infinity is January 7, 2018.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CooksCruiser14

RCL Bahamas 1997
HAL Rotterdam, Baltic 2005
Viking River Cruises, China October 2011
Seabourn Sojourn, Fjords and North Cape, June 2012
Isabella 2, Galapagos Islands, September 2014
Alaskan Dream Cruises, Admiralty Dream, May 2016
Celebrity Equinox, Italy and the Greek Islands, September 7,2016
Viking River Cruises, Paris, Burgundy, and Provence, May, 2017
Celebrity Infinity, Chile and Argentina, January 2018
1 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
Originally posted by atlan
we are arriving at san antonio chile on December 23, 2017

any suggestion on public transportation to Vina Del Mar or Valpariso

Tur Bus only seems to go to Santiago

are there any shuttles provided by cruise line NCL or Hotels

any help appreciated Thanks
We are on NCL that date arriving in San Antonio and looking for transportation to Valpariso, too.
1 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
I am arriving on the Norwegian Sun to port of San Antonio, Chile on December 23rd, 2017. I found www.turistik.com to be helpful for transportation to and around Santiago, Chile.n They offer tickets for the Hop On Hop Off bus in Santiago, also besides the transportation from the port to the airport/hotels. I am willing to share a van/car with others on this cruise. Contact me via [email protected]