Tours of buenos aires after infinity antarctica cruise 1/21/18 - 2/4/18

djheck67

We have 1 day before and 1 day after this cruise to see Buenos Aires for the first time. Does anyone suggest using a half day to tour the Tigre Peninsula and San Isidro areas? Our flight on 2/4 back to Miami is not until 11:30 pm, so the travel agent 01Argentina (through Viator) suggested we do their 5 hour tour and leave the other 7 hours or so to see more of Buenos Aires. We would already have done a half day (3 hour tour) sightseeing Buenos Aires the day before the cruise.

We have 1 day before and 1 day after this cruise to see Buenos Aires for the first time. Does anyone suggest using a half day to tour the Tigre Peninsula and San Isidro areas? Our flight on 2/4 back to Miami is not until 11:30 pm, so the travel agent 01Argentina (through Viator) suggested we do their 5 hour tour and leave the other 7 hours or so to see more of Buenos Aires. We would already have done a half day (3 hour tour) sightseeing Buenos Aires the day before the cruise.

I took this cruise 2 years ago. I don't know about Tigre Peninsula and San Isidro, but there is so much to see and do in Buenos Aires that I would hesitate to give up time there. We spent a week in BA before our cruise and found plenty of interesting things to see and do. We used 01 Argentina to schedule a trip to Iguazu Falls and were very happy with their excursion. I loved BA, so I think you should maximize your time there. This was one of my favorite cruises; I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Carolyn

Suggest that one of the "don't miss" sights is

Cementerio de la Recoleta

You can do it on your own if you want. It's a fascinating cemetery where Eva Perone is buried as well as many others. Don't miss the one Jewish Mausoleum. Last time we were there, the mausoleum next to Eva was for sale....if you're interested in hob knobbing with her.

Thank you for the responses! Besides the cemetery, what else are the highlights to see and do?

A fun place to visit is an area called Caminita in La Boca. Brightly colored buildings, people doing tango on the streets, interesting shops and sidewalk cafes. We also walked around the area that included the Teatro Colon (opera building), Plaza de la Republica, Plaza de Mayo with the Casa Rosada (pink palace). Plaza de Mayo is a center for protests and there is an area of crosses placed in the ground by "Mothers of the Disappeared" whose children were abducted and killed by the military regime in the 1970's and 80's. Plaza San Martin has a 200 year old rubber tree.

Carolyn