Have you Snorkeled in Bermuda?

JaKetravels

Church Bay is great for snorkeling. Also Tobacco Bay. If you want to try a great private excursion we highly recommend Jesse James snorkeling. They have a web site with all the info you would need.

Unaccustomed as I am to outdoor activities, water sports, etc., I was reluctant to do the "Swim and Snorkel" thing in Bermuda, but I acquiesced to my travel buddy's wishes and boarded the pink catamaran run by a Captain Kirk (yes) and his wife. It turned out to be one of the highlights of my Bermuda visit. They bake brownies on the way over and then have a party on the way back. This was in October 2004, and if they are still in business, I'd recommend this deal unreservedly.

The beauty about Bermuda is that you can get on one of the city buses and just get off at any of the beach stops, walk a few feet to the beach and start snorkling. Remember that the island is valcanic formed. The surf drops off quickly but you can literally see cool fish in knee deep water. Last itme we were in Bermuda we rented scooters and rode from beach to beach. Very easy to get around because it is such a small island. Have lunch at the Hog Penny or the Lobster Pot. Awesome! Have a great time.

Hi, I'm hoping someone can share with us a good snorkeling spot in Bermuda. Is there a nice spot right off the beach? Also, have you tried snuba in Bermuda? Thanks:D

I agree with kewlguy, Tobacco Bay was great. It is located next to Fort St Catherine's in St George. My wife waded out to the reef about 100 feet, in waist deep water and saw tons of fish without snokleing gear. I was told that the best location for snokleing on the island was Church Bay, hands down beacuse of the profusion of marine life. We did an excursion off the Majesty. The only problem was the mask leaked. Because it is rented so many times by so many different people, I would stay away from the cruise ship's ship equipment. Either bring your own or use a more upscale supplier such as Jesse James.

NCL Majesty Aug 2004

NCL Majesty Sept 2005

NCL Majesty Sept 2006

We brought our own equipment...nothing expensive. Any discount store has them...about $15.00 or less. I bought a prescription mask on ebay for my husband. He loved finally being able to see the fish! (They used to be fuzzy blobs!) Everything is light enough to carry whenever you go to a beach. For snorkeling...Tobacco was great, Horseshoe had a little in the cove to the right, and Snorkel Park was very good. Bring water shoes for Snorkel Park. The beach looks ok, but in the water is not.

Enjoy!

We brought our own snorkeling stuff and saw some neat fish at St. Catherines beach. but it did not compare to the coral reef. I also did the trip thru Jessie James. James owns the boat, and the trip was awesome. snorkeled over a ship wreck then the coral reef. It's a whole other world down there. Save up your money to do this! people in the cabins near us tried the snuba and loved it. you can go about 20 feet below the surface.

Yes, we snorkled at Tobacco Bay, Snorkle Park, and took the Restless Native Catamaran excursion to a coral reef. The coral reef was awesome, we saw such gorgeous soft coral, all sorts of colors, and a wide variety of fish. It was one of the best excusions we have been on.

Archived