Puerto Chacabuco, Chile shore excursion

Kayelache

Just leaving Chacabuco NOW. Excursion was fine, even today, New Year.

Van could hold 15 easily. Only hang up we were only 7 people. We offered $40.00 PP to leave, they came back $45. We settled at $40, but tips to pay the 16 year old guide. Had a great tour, superior to the ship's at half the price.

I owe OP a beer some day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo,

wir suchen noch Teilnehmer für eine sehr interessante Tour am 10.März 2017. Hier könnt ihr die Tour-Inhalte sehen: https://www.puertochacabucotours.com/tourteilnehmer-gesucht-share-this-tour/. Es ist der Sendero el Pescador Ausflug.

Unser Schiff ist die MS Zaandam.

HI,

we are looking for some Cruise-Members for an very intersting tour on March 10, 2017: https://www.puertochacabucotours.com/tourteilnehmer-gesucht-share-this-tour/. It is the tour Sendero el Pescador.

Our ship is MS Zaandam.

Tanja + Peter

Edited by tame74

• 6 months later...
I don't know if this will help anyone on this thread, but our cruise stopped in Puerto Chacabuco this past January, and I can give you our experience. I had read that its important to get off the ship asap if you want a private tour. Based on the info I had, we caught one of the first tenders, and our group of 8 walked up the short hill from the tender pier to the store where we found at least 20 cab and van operators offering their vehicles for private tours. They all offered basically the same tour....3-4 hours into Simpson Valley, with stops at scenic locations including Bride's Veil Cascade, the suspension bridge, an ancient but scenic wooden bridge, etc. All the operators had signs explaining their services. None spoke very good English, but as long as they would get us to the highlights, it didn't really matter that much....I can get details on what we saw online. We had no problem finding a van operator for our group of 8....and we had a driver and a "guide"....again, neither could speak much English. I think we paid roughly $35US pp.

Hope that helps,

Sam

Thank you for the detailed information. I was hoping we could get a cab tour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums