Choosing a check in time

grandmarnnurse

Last January, when I sailed the Getaway, we had to choose a check in time. For my upcoming cruise, once again on the Getaway, there is no place on my account to choose a check in time. I called my NCL cruise consultant and he said the Getaway is not one of the ship's requiring to choose a check in time. But I chose one just last January! If anyone else has an upcoming Getaway cruise, and they printed their edocs, please tell me if this is true, and if not, where did you find the area to choose your time in your account? Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I was Platinum, one of the 'perks' is you no longer have to choose a check-in time online. Then the Latitudes program changed and I was automatically Platinum Plus. Apparently the computerized system doesn't know that is higher than Platinum status as it now asks me to choose a time:confused: However, as stated above, it doesn't matter and I show up when I want to!

I asked the same question few weeks ago, I can't find the check in time. I am on the Epic though. Just show up when you want. NCL is not like Carnival, if you show up before your check in time at Carnival, you have to wait until your check in time..

Ok. I just don't want any problems at the port. I'm also nervous about going at 12:00, rather than earlier, but that's the time my daughter and her family want. I'm afraid I will be face with a horrible line to check in. I'm used to showing up at 10:00 for check in.

I asked the same question few weeks ago, I can't find the check in time. I am on the Epic though. Just show up when you want. NCL is not like Carnival, if you show up before your check in time at Carnival, you have to wait until your check in time..

That is interesting about Carnival. Thank you for that information. It reinforces my decision not to sail on Carnival. We have to do enough waiting at the airport, we shouldn't have to wait to board a ship.

Actually they have started turning people away who show up early.

Huh, first time I have seen that statement, where did you see it? I wonder how they can turn people away when there is no where to pick a time. I have 3 cruises with NCL booked and no where is there a place to pick a time.

Does Havenguests need to pick a time or can they just arrive when they want?

Not important if they don't care about the time but if they have started to turn away people who arrive early it's important to know if Havenguests need to pick a time and if they have to do that, can they always choose an early time if they want to?

We will probably stay with MSC and their Yacht Club, at least until their prices go up or NCLs prices go down, but I'm still interested in how the Haven check in works.

Ok. I just don't want any problems at the port. I'm also nervous about going at 12:00, rather than earlier, but that's the time my daughter and her family want. I'm afraid I will be face with a horrible line to check in. I'm used to showing up at 10:00 for check in.

You will have a long, unplesant checkin at noon. Best to drag your DD to the port at 10:30.

Does Havenguests need to pick a time or can they just arrive when they want?
Haven guests may be asked to select a time (I was and wasn't) but I was also advised by the PCC to ignore the time (I did). :D

In fact, our family members had a different check in time but we all checked in together and boarded together.

As for being turned away, I've ever seen/read about it with NCL.

Haven guests may be asked to select a time (I was and wasn't) but I was also advised by the PCC to ignore the time (I did). :D

In fact, our family members had a different check in time but we all checked in together and boarded together.

As for being turned away, I've ever seen/read about it with NCL.

If they have started to turn away people arriving too early it may be a bad idea to ignore the time. Before this thread I had never heared about people being turned away but maybe they do it sometimes.

More interesting is, what do they do if people arrive after their check in time, are they turned away?

That is interesting about Carnival. Thank you for that information. It reinforces my decision not to sail on Carnival. We have to do enough waiting at the airport, we shouldn't have to wait to board a ship.

FYI, the reason Carnival does this is to cut down on long lines and waiting. If you show up at port before check in time, you will not be allowed in the line. If you show up at or after your appointed check in time, you walk right into the line and check in is quick and painless.

Pat