Baltic cruise safety

hollyjess

My wife and I are cruising the Baltic on Arcadia in July, so we are monitoring the ongoing situation with Russia with more than a passing interest. IMHO, unless relations deteriorate to the extent that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office issues an 'Advise against all travel' warning (which surely P&O wouldn't dare ignore) then the St. Petersburg stop will probably go ahead. If that stop is cancelled, so be it. We would still go on the cruise because there are other ports of interest to us, especially Tallinn. However, the ante has been upped somewhat with the news this morning of air strikes on Syria.

My wife and I are cruising the Baltic on Arcadia in July, so we are monitoring the ongoing situation with Russia with more than a passing interest. IMHO, unless relations deteriorate to the extent that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office issues an 'Advise against all travel' warning (which surely P&O wouldn't dare ignore) then the St. Petersburg stop will probably go ahead. If that stop is cancelled, so be it. We would still go on the cruise because there are other ports of interest to us, especially Tallinn. However, the ante has been upped somewhat with the news this morning of air strikes on Syria.

If the F & C Office advise against all travel and a person does travel there is their travel insurance not then invalidated? However if that advise was issued there would surely be no way P and O would ignore it.

If the F & C Office advise against all travel and a person does travel there is their travel insurance not then invalidated? However if that advise was issued there would surely be no way P and O would ignore it.

The answer to your first question is almost certainly 'Yes'. Ours definitely excludes areas of conflict/contra F. O. advice.

If the F. O. advise against travel then P&O would definitely pull out of any port affected.