What's up with the NCL Pearl?

cruisinderek

I am booked on the Pearl for the Jan 5th 2014 cruise. I have a friend that is thinking about joining the wife and I but they say there is no rooms showing. Can the cruise really be sold out this far in advance? I took a look and it appears that Jan and Feb 2014 are closed off to bookings. Am I missing something?

I am booked on the Pearl for the Jan 5th 2014 cruise. I have a friend that is thinking about joining the wife and I but they say there is no rooms showing. Can the cruise really be sold out this far in advance? I took a look and it appears that Jan and Feb 2014 are closed off to bookings. Am I missing something?

If it was doing the usual Caribbean cruise, no, it definitely would not be sold out. With the Pearl being used for the charter cruises, I imagine a charter for that week is the reason. We cruised her several weeks ago and the week before had been a Kid Rock charter cruise. And.....unless "motherf...er" is every other word you speak throughout the day and night, then according to many of the crew who serviced that cruise, you might not be comfortable on a charter with the Kid.

I have had to same type problem but different date, looking at the 10/30/14 11 day, the catergory I checked couple weeks ago, now coming up as a guarantee, and can't choose cabin and deck, can't believe it is all sold out 19 months in advance. Can't figure this one either.

Mim

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's official. NCL has chartered the cruise and I have been bumped. They sent a letter with a few options. I have already paid for my airfare and hotels. Now what to do? Any way I lice it i either have to change my flight and hotel or I have to change cruise lines. What should I ask NCL to cover if I stay with the over booking with another cruise line?

• 4 months later...
Weird - has this sailing been re-instated? It's showing on the website with the roatan/belize/key west itinerary, and it's wiiiiiiide open.

And great prices! My guess - the charter backed out. They had one or two back out in March as well (3-11 and 3-16) and those came back to NCL for sale not too long ago. Too bad I can't take that week off otherwise I would be all over it.

For those that are confused, this is a discussion from last March/April.

Yes - you are absolutely right - it started last March. But the 1/5-12/14 cruise that was canceled to a charter (as per this discussion) is now available to purchase on NCL - today - 9/1/13.

Archived