Hello ~ I'm new here

BossyKat

Hi.

I am booked on the Glory for next fall. My question is (and I'm not sure it's allowed) does anyone know of a reasonable place to spend the night in Miami? It just seems like so much $ to come in the night before...any suggestions would be wonderful!

Thanks,

Bossy

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You are more than welcome to ask just about anything you want. Cruise Critic is full of answers about ANYTHING cruise related.

We have only stayed and cruised out of Miami once. When we did we stayed at the La Quinta Inn. The price was very reasonable, the offer a continental breakfast and a shuttle to the port.

When you say Miami or Tampa you should add a hundred extra per room.

Average Decent room will run you in the two hundred plus range.

Embassy Suites is fair for what you receive, managers reception plus a cook to order breakfast . They offer a shuttle service to the port.

Hi.

I am booked on the Glory for next fall. My question is (and I'm not sure it's allowed) does anyone know of a reasonable place to spend the night in Miami? It just seems like so much $ to come in the night before...any suggestions would be wonderful!

Thanks,

Bossy

Please go to the home page and go down to North American Homeports and do east coast and on that thread, you should have plenty of suggestions for Miami hotels and also some suggestions on using Priceline and other websites to get good pricing. Welcome to CC and hope you have a great cruise.

Hi, welcome to Cruise Critic. Our first Carnival cruise was on Glory. I usually go to hotels dot com and search for a hotel there. We have NEVER paid $200 dollars and in fact, for our next cruise it was under $70. It doesn't have to be 4 or 5 star for us, just a clean place in a safe neighborhood. We've stayed in one bad place, the Hollywood Gateway, but we survived!

Hi.

Thanks,

Bossy

Hello, and welcome the CC, you will find all sorts of useful info here, lot's of good folks that have taken lot's of cruises. Some jerks, but take that with a grain of salt. Anyway, look into a room in Fort Lauderdale, only about 21 miles from Port of Miami, and depending on the hotel may offer a transfer as part of room. Even if you have to hire a shuttle, still can get way under the $200.00.

Good luck, and enjoy the Glory.

Mimgan

Hi.

Thanks,

Bossy

Rates are very high now just keep checking and as your dates get closer rates will come down. We booked a rate at $260 far in advance and 2 weeks before the rates came down to $107. Just keep checking.

Hi Bossy, we are doing the Glory out of Miami soon. We arrive late in the afternoon the day before. If you are not looking for anything fancy, consider the Sleep Inn right next to the airport. The rates for the high season are around $100 plus tax. I would not be surprised if in the fall when you are cruising that they might be closer to $70. Breakfast included. They have a free shuttle pick up from the Airport and they have one to the Port for I believe $10 each. Decent over all reviews on Trip Advisor but it's not the Four Seasons.