Post photos of your wedding crafts here!

carrievision

With all the discussion about gift bags, etc I thought it would be fun if we posted pictures of the stuff we're making for our weddings (the OOT bags, bouquets, invitations, Save the dates..)! I have more things planned, but here are the luggage tags that I am mailing out this week:

The tags (pink for girls, black for boys) with a little letter to go with them. I scanned the logo from our invitation. The luggage tags were in the $1 bin at Michaels.

luggagetag_1.jpg

And here is the whole mess of them:

luggagetag_2.jpg

Carrie-

Your luggage tags look great! And, what a fun post. I hope more people post!

I've pasted some of our DYIs below. Still need to do our program fans, finish the invites, bridesmaid necklaces, etc.

Traci

Bridesmaid bracelets--I'm putting them on a silver chain--just haven't had time to complete yet. Just wanted to get the pattern finalized. I went with two of my bridesmaids to the bead store and we had a blast--it was a little overwhelming though :)

47b6dc26b3127cce97076e747a6600000026108IctWzNw4cA

"I Do" letters for the guestbook table - I may add a gloss to them.

47b6dc26b3127cce9707692b3aa200000026108IctWzNw4cA

Our Save-the-Date Passport Magnets

47b5d923b3127cce92f50f18e6a900000025118IctWzNw4cA

Our newsletter update template

47b6df36b3127cce96b81003160e00000015108IctWzNw4cA

Thanks, Stardest! I used Microsoft Publisher (part of Microsoft Office Suite) for the newsletter, and started with the Watermark Newsletter template. I made some minor modifications to fit our info. I can e-mail you the actual newsletter if you'd like--just post your address. Cruise Critic won't let me post the file here.

This is great to post your crafts & letters. I know when my daughter decided to get married on a cruise this coming May on the CB, we came to these boards for ideas, Katiebug was real help & inspiriation that it could be done.

They have a CD they made that I would like to share but not sure how to, it is saved on My Documents. If someone can walk me thru it I would be happy to do it. I can attach to emails but not sure how you do the link.

Thanks

Nancy MOB

Traci, your crafts look great!!! I really like the bracelets.

I wish I had thought ahead as much as you - I have less than a month left and many crafts to make! I had another little crafting session last night - I made the gift bags and my garter! Hopefully I will be able to post that stuff (and my save the date stuff! I forgot about that..) on Wednesday night.

Here are the rest of my crafty wedding plans:

• "Cruise girl" tshirts for the moms, me, and the flower girl
  • Flower girl basket (I refuse to pay $20 for the ones in the store!) I'm hoping to find a little easter basket and put some ribbon on it.
  • Some kind of head piece.. attaching tropical flowers to my veil or making them into hair pins
  • Embroidered hankies for the moms (Not sure if I'll get to that one!)
  • Info packets for in the gift bags

I'm sure there's more... I have this never ending mess of ideas in my head :)

Save the date magnet

Here is the magnet that we sent with our "Save the date" newsletter. I printed it on the magnet paper that you can feed through inkjet printers. The photo was actually taken during another trip we took to Paradise island.

savedate_magnet.jpg

Garter

For the garter I bought this really cheapo pack of 2 garters from Walmart (I think for $4). In a fit of rage I ripped off the dorky white ribbon that was on the less embellished garter. I also got some tropical-theme card charms and blue and green ribbon at Michaels.

garter_1.jpg

Here is the finished product. I took the little loopy off of the card charm and just sewed it on. I had really wanted a tropical themed garter (without seashells!) so this fit the bill. Now I have a "something blue."

garter_2.jpg

How are you making the cruise girl t-shirts? Iron on or crystals?

Traci

Traci,

Thanks for the feedback!!!!!

I got the iron-on sheets that you put through an inkjet on ebay for $5 for 5 sheets! Do you know the little illustrations called "The girls" ??? There's yoga girl, chocolate girl, etc etc. Anyway, I have this sticker set of "Travel girls" that includes a "Cruise girl." So I am scanning that in and then ironing it on the tshirt.

I searched everywhere for shirts to buy with the cruise girl on them, and I could only find coffee mugs (which actually would be a pretty cute BM/female gift as well.. I was just stuck on this tshirt thing). So I am making my own! haha. I'll post a picture of them when they're done.. I still have one of the shirts left to do.

I'll have a bunch of the paper left over, so I am also thinking about doing something on the undies that I'll wear for the wedding day... LOL (I see all the "bride" underwear online.. why not make your own?)

Carrie

Thanks, Stardest! I used Microsoft Publisher (part of Microsoft Office Suite) for the newsletter, and started with the Watermark Newsletter template. I made some minor modifications to fit our info. I can e-mail you the actual newsletter if you'd like--just post your address. Cruise Critic won't let me post the file here.

I wuld also love to have you e-mail me a copy of your newsletter if you don't mind.

ronanddebbie@verizon.net

thank you.

Archived