Hotel in Perth

Hi,

we are cruising next year March - starting from Perth.

Can somebody give me a good advice for a nice hotel near port ?:rolleyes:

How are the temperatures?

We fly to Australia 2 days before, that means we need one or two nights in hotel before cruise.

What are good things to do/see in this short time?;)

Thank you

Elvi

Hi,

We fly to Australia 2 days before, that means we need one or two nights in hotel before cruise.

Thank you

Elvi

I will give you a good idea of Perth attractions and the Old town of Fremantle the port you will be leaving from in the next few days, I am a Bit busy today.:)

Hi elvismeggi

You will be looking for accommodation in Fremantle then, as this is where the ships dock in port. Not sure what accommodation you are used to but take a look online at tripadvisor dot com dot au for "Fremantle Bed and Breakfast, 5 Mouat Street, Fremantle" They are walking distance to most things in Fremantle, and the free bus stops right across the road. Fremantle is wonderful but being a local I am quite biased - :p

Tripadvisor will also let you now what is available to see around Freo cos it is difficult to let people know what there is to see and do as we are all so different. If you tell us what you like to see and do we may be able to give you some ideas though :) Hope you enjoy Freo as much as we do!

We stayed a couple of nights in an nice apartment block in one of the side streets off the main café area in Fremantle. Can't remember the name. There was a pub on the main street that had bands every night that boomed down our side street, but they didn't go too late. It was very nice to walk half a block to all the cafe's and restaurants and there was a great atmosphere. Hubby went to the nearby markets and we also walked not far around to a big park near a harbour. Nothing is very cheap around that area though, I warn you now!

Our issue was that we were just a bit too far away to walk to the port, and taxis on that boarding day were not coming to pick us up. They said they were on the way but it was just lip service. We waited over 2 hours at the reception of the apartments, and they kept ringing for us. It was 37c that day and it ended up we walked to the Fremantle train station and then a nice cabbie took us the rest of the way around the security gates to the ship. Then it was very hot in the terminal. If we had know we would have started walking earlier when it was cooler. I was not happy until I got on board, and then we did have a fantastic trip.

Fremantle Port is not in Perth - if you are staying in Fremantle give these guys an email info@visitfremantle.com.au or of course the online hotels etc. I would suggest you book asap - as Perth is hard to book a hotel and it's not cheap - and the spill over reaches Fremantle. Check out the suggestions you already have and get in quick - you'll love Fremantle. The train from Fremantle goes into Perth City Centre - so you could have a day out there - and there's lots to do - river cruises to wineries from Perth. There is a ferry from Fremantle to Perth - there's lots to do - but get your accommodation sorted out as soon as you can. Don't mean to sound doom and gloomy - but don't leave it to the last minute. :eek:;)

Edited by dizzy1948

Hi,

Thank you

Elvi

Hey

The Esplanade Hotel in Fremantle (the port) is a very nice hotel, which is walking distance to the train station to go into Perth, or just walk around Fremantle. (http://www.rydges.com/accommodation/perth/esplanade-hotel-fremantle-by-rydges/welcome/)

And it would only be a 5 min taxi ride to the ship on departure day.

Hope that helps

Phill

Hey

The Esplanade Hotel in Fremantle (the port) is a very nice hotel, which is walking distance to the train station to go into Perth, or just walk around Fremantle. (http://www.rydges.com/accommodation/perth/esplanade-hotel-fremantle-by-rydges/welcome/)

And it would only be a 5 min taxi ride to the ship on departure day.

Hope that helps

Phill

I second The Explanade Hotel. It is nice, staff very friendly and helpful (we were exhausted and sick and they let us into our room early), it is easy to either walk to the port or get a taxi to the port. Restaurants are a block or 2 away.

Thank you all so much for your advices.:p

I don't know before that Perth is so big and we start in Freemantle.

I had have a look on goggle map now :eek:

We will check the hotels ( and your tipps) as soon as possible!

But previously we must check the flight to Perth. ( means one or two nights).

Hi elvismeggi,

Another vote for the Esplanade Hotel here :). We flew into Perth last month for the Solstice 'Top End' cruise. We took advice from people on here and TripAdvisor about staying in Fremantle rather than Perth (cooler) and were so glad we did. We spent 2 nights there and loved it.

The Esplanade rooms are a little tired, but it's so well placed for everything, plus it has a small, but nice outdoor pool which we were so grateful for as it was roasting hot.

We had no trouble getting a taxi to the port on cruise day - the taxis were lined up outside. It is walkable, but it would be a little tricky with large luggage.

On our first day, we made our way to the port to take one of the Captain Cook cruises into Perth, but as the first sailing was after 11am, we decided to take the train instead and came back on the Swan River cruise. We saw most of Perth, including the beautiful King's Park. It was easy to walk around and easy to buy tickets at the pier in Perth.

Hi elvismeggi,

Another vote for the Esplanade Hotel here :). We flew into Perth last month for the Solstice 'Top End' cruise. We took advice from people on here and TripAdvisor about staying in Fremantle rather than Perth (cooler) and were so glad we did. We spent 2 nights there and loved it.

The Esplanade rooms are a little tired, but it's so well placed for everything, plus it has a small, but nice outdoor pool which we were so grateful for as it was roasting hot.

We had no trouble getting a taxi to the port on cruise day - the taxis were lined up outside. It is walkable, but it would be a little tricky with large luggage.

On our first day, we made our way to the port to take one of the Captain Cook cruises into Perth, but as the first sailing was after 11am, we decided to take the train instead and came back on the Swan River cruise. We saw most of Perth, including the beautiful King's Park. It was easy to walk around and easy to buy tickets at the pier in Perth.

Thank you, we will check!

Elvi

Another vote for the Esplanade. We stayed there last year and found it very convenient with a free bus which stops right across the road. If you have the chance look at going across to Rottnest Island for a day trip. The ferries leave right from the port and you can jump on the free bus if you don't want to walk over there (about a 10 minute walk).

Sent from my iPad using Forums