Hurricane irma....ugh

Leaving on Sunday on Pride also. We'll "keep an eye" out, though we'll rely on the captain and crew for much much better eyes. Not really nervous or worried. Forecasts right now still have it way off the east coast into middle of next week, and for our cruise, hopefully stays on its current southwest track. Should it track north east, we should be heading back to Baltimore by then. If not, we'll just enjoy a little extra rockin!!

Always carry 5 to 7 extra days of personal medications, taking 3 days worth of spare as recommended aren't always enough ... in case ships need to do some figure 8's or donuts until safe to dock & disembark.

We carry 7+ days of extra with us. Happy & safe cruising ... this is the season & far from over.

We leave the 9th from Fort Lauderdale on the Conquest for our first cruise. I am watching this hurricane like a crazy woman. I know I can't change the weather but I did so much research into our ports!!!

I hope she doesn't cause to much distruction or ruin to many vacation plans.

We leave on the Vista on 9/9. This new model gives me hope! The last ones just had Florida and everywhere we were going right in the crosshairs.

We are on the Vista 9/9 sailing along with you! I hope we get to keep the same itinerary, but as long as I can get on that ship I'm good!

Exactly!!! I'm just worried about getting on the ship. After that, I'm fine with whatever happens. We normally sail in the spring but we couldn't this year, so this was the ONLY time we could get vacation.

We are on the Vista 9/9 sailing along with you! I hope we get to keep the same itinerary, but as long as I can get on that ship I'm good!

Yeah, it will be early next week before they have more than just an educated guess of what may happen. Only time will tell....

Hurricane Irma continues to gain strength. No one really knows for sure at this point which way it will turn.

I'm supposed to be sailing out of Port Canaveral on the 9th. I'll be bummed if we don't get to but I'm trying not to worry about it since I can't control the weather. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best!

same sailing as the 20 of us...watching and hoping!

ugh, a few of those 'spaghetti strands' are headed right where I will be up in CA! Way too early to tell, and it doesn't really say when it would reach that far (the cone on the nhc website doesn't project that far out), but we don't get back to NY til the 9th!