Breakfast room service

laserboi

First tell us whether you are in a PH and above, or a regular cabin. On the Nautica, in PH and below, there isn't a table large enough on the balcony to serve breakfast. It will be served on your suite table with a table cloth, if in a PH. Otherwise, delivered to your cabin coffee table.

On Marina in a B they drop the tray

only continental breakfast items available

Behind the sofa is a big square thick tabletop that goes over the round glass table. Just instruct the steward to set the table and remove the tray.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Forums mobile app

Behind the sofa is a big square thick tabletop that goes over the round glass table. Just instruct the steward to set the table and remove the tray.

There is a board for this table ?

CIMG0115-M.jpg

or do you mean the ones on the R ships ??

CIMG0009-M.jpg

The one on the R Ship. We have been on Marina 3 times do not recall the table you showed.

We were in an A cabin in 2015 that was the table then

In 2011 we had a B cabin thei table was lower than the newer model

Treats-M.jpg

There isn't any hot breakfast room service for the lower cabins on Oceania? That's disappointing. Sometimes we like a slower start to the day.

Kind of funny that the mass market cruise lines do that free of charge and O doesn't.

There isn't any hot breakfast room service for the lower cabins on Oceania? That's disappointing. Sometimes we like a slower start to the day.

Kind of funny that the mass market cruise lines do that free of charge and O doesn't.

I suppose you can't have everything!

Doesn't bother me as I go to Baristas for just a coffee in the morning and it is lovely.

Princess cruises is very similar. Only full suites get the hot breakfast options.

In general the mass market cruise lines no longer offer a hot room service breakfast free of charge to all cabins. NCL, Royal Caribbean and Carnival only offer continental breakfast free of charge. Nor does Princess, as another poster pointed out.

Very easy. You get what you pay for.

O has trouble selling concierge level suites since the advantages are minimal (which is probably why they added the free laundry). Hot breakfast in your cabin is important to some and helps sell the cc suites

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Usually we are in a suite -- mostly a PH but occasionally above that -- in which case we order a hot breakfast in on tour days, but go to the GDR on sea days. Must have those lamb chops ...

But I can remember at least two relatively recent occasions when we were in a veranda cabin -- one time we took a downsell to a B cabin, the other we just booked too late to get a PH and ended up in an A. Both of these cruises were on "R" ships. For those cruises we were happy to go to Terrace on tour days. It can be crowded, yes, but we've never found it impossible. (We've never tried Waves for breakfast but that is clearly an option.)

If that situation should happen again, I think I'd take the suggested route of ordering from the room service menu! That still gives you the option of a hot breakfast served in the room.

When we "down-selled" to the B we thought we'd be unhappy, from our memories of early days on "R" ships when the room was so small ... and it didn't bother us at all. Even the bathroom, which we remembered as uncomfortable, was not. We were surprised. But we didn't try to order breakfast into the room because the table is just too small. A couple of times we had lunch in the room from room service, but they were at different times so the small table wasn't an issue.

JMO.

Mura

I admit I never asked them for breakfast in the room, but I save them for when we are in the GDR.

But I have seen before that you can get them in the room ... so that may change!

In the room I usually just ask for an omelet ...

Mura