So, about those coffee cards on Ebay...

Scrappygrrl

Where do they come from? I can understand someone selling a used, "signed" card that has several punches left. But the blank, brand-new ones? Stolen? Counterfeited?

Things that make you go, "Hmmmm?"

I don't drink specialty coffee's and trade my mini bar in for 2 coffee cards and put them on ebay when I have them. I have some unsigned and some signed, depends on the room service whether or not they mark them with the sailing . I clicked on the link posted and it brought up four cards of which one set of 2 brown color ones are the very old style which they discontinued many years ago. I also did a search putting in Princess Cruises Coffee Cards and it brought up the same four listings.

Edited by cruzsnooze

Do they still honor the old cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one of these all brown cards - blank with nothing written on it and I was grilled on the Royal Princess about where I got it because they have not been used for over a year. I will only buy the new one off of aBay as I finally had to get a supervisor to use it. YMMV - but buyer beware!? No issues ever using a new green trimmed one. I think a crew member was supposed to destroy these old brown ones and managed to sell them to someone who is now selling them on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruise a lot on Princess.

Every time when we cruise Back to Back we exchange 2 coffee cards for the 2nd mini bar set-up.

We have accumulated 16 unmarked new design coffee cards and 6 marked coffee cards. Even though we love cappuccino and special drinks we're accumulating it faster than we can use. Finally I can get rid of some of the cards to each of my family members on our first family cruise on 11/5/17 on Regal. My two grandchild will be so happy to use their cards for gelato.

If you get to the point where you think you have more than you'll need and are interested in possibly selling one I have a cruise coming up in Dec and would be interested in possibly buying it. Feel free to shoot me an email to discuss if you decide to ... ssdcruise@gmail.com

I had one of these all brown cards - blank with nothing written on it and I was grilled on the Royal Princess about where I got it because they have not been used for over a year. I will only buy the new one off of aBay as I finally had to get a supervisor to use it. YMMV - but buyer beware!? No issues ever using a new green trimmed one. I think a crew member was supposed to destroy these old brown ones and managed to sell them to someone who is now selling them on eBay

We've got a stack of old & new cards so It'll prove interesting in a few years when I pull out one of the old ones (not signed) to begin using one for the first time. emoji16.png

Why don't you ask the sellers?

I used to sell on eBay before. And out of few years selling, I was asked twice how do I get my product. I basically told them to go kick rocks. Last thing I want someone getting in on it. So, asking a seller is usually a waste of time.

I had one of these all brown cards - blank with nothing written on it and I was grilled on the Royal Princess about where I got it because they have not been used for over a year... Forums

Great. About to hop on a ship with 11 available punches spread out on 3 old cards. I think one has a voyage number on it, 2 are blank on the back. Maybe since they’re obviously used it won’t cause an issue.

Great. About to hop on a ship with 11 available punches spread out on 3 old cards. I think one has a voyage number on it, 2 are blank on the back. Maybe since they’re obviously used it won’t cause an issue.

No you will be fine. They will honor your punches no problem. My problem was getting them to treat a blank brown one like a new one. My husband only drinks black coffee and I wanted that perk with an unused old style card and had to speak to a supervisor

Nope they don't come up for me, maybe it's because I am in Australia? Don't know. Just tried again and northing.

I'm in Australia & tried the search for princess coffee cards...nothing. Must be an Aussie thing.

The cards are being sold in the USA. They don't even want to ship them to Canada, let alone Australia. The cost of shipping/mailing would make them more expensive than simply buying from Princess on board. Either that or the seller has to give them away.

I used to sell on eBay before. And out of few years selling, I was asked twice how do I get my product. I basically told them to go kick rocks. Last thing I want someone getting in on it. So, asking a seller is usually a waste of time.

Obviously no one would admit, but I hope some are not knock-offs from an offset print shop.

On the Emerald earlier this month, we were in a full suite and are Elite so I tried to trade in the second mini bar set up for two blank coffee cards. Unfortunately they could only provide cards with the current voyage marked on the back so we declined. Room service said that they were strictly forbidden from providing anything else. Since we were going to give them to our friends who were travelling with us on the Emerald in February we even tried to get them to put that voyage number on them but no luck. Not sure if this is a new fleetwide dictate or just one particular to the Emerald but I was disappointed.

Obviously no one would admit, but I hope some are not knock-offs from an offset print shop.

I suspected photoshop and an online print shop for most of them before this thread, and suspect that is the case for anyone always selling them, but it does seem like they pile up for some cruisers.

No you will be fine. They will honor your punches no problem. My problem was getting them to treat a blank brown one like a new one. My husband only drinks black coffee and I wanted that perk with an unused old style card and had to speak to a supervisor

Ah, that makes sense since they punch for drip on used cards, and you had old “new” cards.

The cards are being sold in the USA. They don't even want to ship them to Canada, let alone Australia. The cost of shipping/mailing would make them more expensive than simply buying from Princess on board. Either that or the seller has to give them away.

If you offered to pay the first class letter rate to your country you may get a seller to accommodate you but you'd need to message them. I know Canada is not very expensive but have no idea about AU.

I suspected photoshop and an online print shop for most of them before this thread, and suspect that is the case for anyone always selling them, but it does seem like they pile up for some cruisers.

Yes - if someone is non-stop selling, no one is cruising THAT much. I don't watch eBay all the time. I do know one of the sellers is a poster on here so their cards, but you never know these days. At least with eBay you have some buyer-protection and both sellers had very high satsifaction *'s, so I doubt those are bogus or people would complain.

Ah, that makes sense since they punch for drip on used cards, and you had old “new” cards.

In red above.

If you offered to pay the first class letter rate to your country you may get a seller to accommodate you but you'd need to message them. I know Canada is not very expensive but have no idea about AU.

This is true (Canada), but the Sellers want protection of a traceable mail item so they are not subject to a claim of "It never showed up in the mail". This raises the simple letter rate. Anyway, I didn't have to push it as I just had it mailed to an address in Florida where we are going next week. That would erase or more than erase any savings over the shipboard price. As it is saving 1/3 (~$12+) per card.