from Gustavia to shell beach

zula

Hi,

We will be in Gustavia St.Barths end of february. Is it possible to hike to shell beach from Gustavia. Is it worth the effort, or should I try another beach?

Thanks for any info.

Regards,

S.

Hi,

We will be in Gustavia St.Barths end of february. Is it possible to hike to shell beach from Gustavia. Is it worth the effort, or should I try another beach?

Thanks for any info.

Regards,

S.

Yes, 10-15min walk through town, basically flat. On this map, shell beach is at the upper left - top of A3 & bottom of A2. It's a reasonably nice beach, and the only one that you can really walk to from the dock. --David

• 1 year later...
Hi,

Thanks for any info.

Regards,

S.

Shell beach is in Gustavia so it is not really a hike, more like a stroll through town.getting to any other beach will requirea rental car or VERY expensive cab, if you want a different beach try Nikki beach.

• 8 months later...

I've been lucky enough to land on St Barts many times. Sometimes I rent a car or stay local in town. But another beach you may enjoy is St Jean, just past the airport and often if your not shy do as I do, ask a local driving in town if they will drop you off at St Jean. I have grabbed a ride many times as the main road goes right past the beach.. And St Jean is a much nicer beach, more places to eat and many small shops to explore....Enjoy we do...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived