Barcelona Hop on Hope Off Bus

It is very easy to use. The two routes that we went on hit all the major points in the city and they have a audio narrator that comes in multiple languages. The major sites can have big lines to get back on the bus during certain parts of the year and day.

Hi-We used the HOHO bus in early Dec. and the lines were non-existent. It is very easy to navigate-they give you a map and headset so you know where you are at any moment. It's very convenient.

We've used it and it was very convenient

(although I really liked your typo in the title - Hop on Hope off! you hop on and hope you can get off? :D )

Oops, I did not even notice that. :o I found the bus on this site http://www.viator.com/tours/Barcelona/Barcelona-Hop-On-Hop-Off-Bus-Turistic/d562-2512BBUS. Where in the city itself are there tickets available to purchase without having to go through the website?

You can buy tickets as you board the bus - there are people selling tickets and they will also give you the map and the headset - well, earbuds. You can bring your own if you prefer. No need to buy tickets before you get there. Adults can purchase a one-day ticket for 20 euros, or a ticket valid for two consecutive days for 26 euros. Children’s prices (4 to 12 years) are 12 euros for one day and 16 for two days. Children under three get free tickets. You also receive discounts around town. Check out 3w dot tmb dot net for details - including the discounts you will receive around town.

Liz

For us in early Oct. was insanly busy. Made a huge mistake and got off 2 times, waited over 40 mins. one time.The problem was people all wanted to sit up on top because that is the best viewing and its open air. So when people in line would not sit inside the bus and only wanted up on top, the bus driver would leave.So it moved very slow.The next mistake was after the Sagrada Family tour. We walked across the street and waited in line for over 30 mins. in the sun and desperatly ended up jumping into a taxi and ditching that bus.

I am sure this does not happen often but just plan not to get off if you see its crowded in Barcelona that day.

We've done HO-HO busses in several European cities and I have to disagree with the majority based on our experience in November last year. It was by far the worst HO-HO we have ever experienced, at least in the morning.

After we bought our tickets at the Placa Catalunya, we had to wait in line for an hour for a Southern route bus with enough room to get on. This was from about 10:30 to 11:30. Once we got on we had to stand on the bottom level and could not plug our ear-sets in to hear anything and of course, we could not see anything. Very few people got off at any of the next few stops, meaning that no one could get on. We were not able to find seats until we had been through half of the northern route. It was not a very enjoyable experience. Maybe we just arrived at the wrong time. Even in Rome and Copenhagen, we never experienced anything like that.

However, after a late lunch on Las Rambla, we went back to Placa Catalunya at about 3pm and noticed that there was no line whatsoever for the HO-HO Northern route. We jumped on the first bus and had a very nice experience for that route.

Our experience in the summer was that it was very crowded and hot. Stopped in traffic you fried on the top deck and baked on the lower deck. Also long lines at several stops to get on again after getting off at a stop. We gave up and used taxis to get around. Taxis were relatively cheap and air conditioned.

We used it in Dec but the lines were very long so after lunch, we used a taxi back. I think the HoHo is better for people not on a cruise ship schedule. The was cheaper than the bus and they are everywhere with no waiting. Next time we'll use taxis only.

If you are going to do the tour bus trip around the wonderful city of Barcelona it's worth knowing that it's a big city and the tour takes quite a while even without getting off to explore some of the many wonders. If your on a tight schedule then don't get too distracted by The Ramblas and the Sagrada Familia

But it is a great way to see this fab place. Enjoy. :) :)

• 3 years later...

I see this post hasn't been added to since 2008. I have been to Barcelona & used the HoHo bus--that is NOW my problem...I do not remember which bus...there is the HoHo AND the TuristicI took pics using one of the services, but do not remember which one--also lost all my pics from BCN...:eek: So will be doing it again in November this year & want to make sure I do the best service...can anyone help me? At this point I assume they are both good??

Yep, this thread is old AND it is actually in the wrong forum. Please come to the Spain port of call board and you can read this thread about HoHo in Barcelona:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1449433

At one point all the Med boards were just one big mishmash of a board. When the powers-that-be created the separate boards, they left all of the "older" threads in this catch-all category.

OP -- yes, if you look on the Spain board, you will find all the more recent HOHO discussions.

Archived