My first Viking Ocean cruise - initial thoughts (on board now)

jend**

There are four heated beds but there are about six regular beds, maybe a couple more. As for why personal items left on beds, the people may have been in the snow room or hot water pool. Not many use the the spa so it's usually available. As for the drinks, if you have the beverage package, then you have no problem, if not then you get charged.

We were just on the Sea. I would say 12 regular lounges rather than 6 plus the 4 heated tiled lounges. We were in the north Atlantic so the regular covered pool was not used much. the spa was crowded on sea days, not too much on port days.

if paying for a can of pop (which I bought the package so won't worry about)

and someone leaving their towel on a chair are the only

down sides, I think I will enjoy my cruise in 3 weeks.

You Will !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
If you didn't want to be charged for soda buy the drink package. If you read the fine print on what's included you shouldn't be surprised or upset.

So you won't sail Viking because of a soda and chair hogs in the spa?

Interesting.

She has a point, they were not concerned about her disappointment and misunderstanding. Why would you ever buy an expensive drink package for wanting a coke in the bar? That is done on mass market ships which Viking is trying to step up from. As for spa chairs, it would be tempting to just shift the hold items and use the chair. She was trying to show more class than the chair reserving guest.

Are there only 4 chairs in the spa? Oh dear, that sounds like a small room, we had thought it was much bigger. In fact, we thought that there is one spa for men, and one for women. Or is that incorrect? We will be taking our first Viking cruise in a couple of months, so am trying to get as much information as possible!

There were plenty of chairs in the spa area around the thasso therapy pool and hot tub on Viking Star both times we cruised. I always found a chair.

My husband asked for a coke with his late lunch once at the pool grill and was told they would have to charge for it, since it was outside the lunch hours. That surprised him, since he doesn't read every word on Viking's website or in the brochures like I do. No big deal, though.

Yes, people go on VO thinking it will be identical to Viking Rivers. It isn't. It can't be.

Just got off the Sun’s maiden voyage and also noticed the heated chairs being used to store personal belongings. Viking might think about putting benches in the pool/spa room for folks to lay their belongings in case all the other c!haises are occupied. That would help.

There are lockers in the spa area for storing things. People could use those to temporarily store their things until they get back.

There are lockers in the spa area for storing things. People could use those to temporarily store their things until they get back.

Mostly, people put their robes and slippers on the lounges. I usually will lay my cane down on them.