Window Suite F309 - Golden Princess

mkerner

as far as the room steward, we had a man named Rolan. Is that who you had?

Yes, he was our steward. He was nice, but just did the minimum. He rarely resupplied our toiletries and one time I had to hunt him down in the hallway before I could shower. Another time he threw away our formal night chocolates before we ate them. He admitted he did it, but offered no apology. Just told us to call room service to try to get some more.

We were in F309 - which cabin did you have?

We were in F311. Loved the total quiet and such a convenient location. I doubt I'll ever be in a gorgeous cabin like that unless we book a WS again. I loved being so close to the Thermal Suites, which we used everyday.

Liked the itinerary, but didn't make it to Sydney. Did you like it there?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't see your reply, Mrs. Go-Bucks, but I haven't been online much since our cruise is over. As far as Sydney goes, it was the 2nd time we've been there. It is a nice little stop - we did the Bell Museum tour. The first time we did the fort. The short time in port was long enough for us.

I liked the itinerary, too, but would have liked one more at sea day to break up the 4 port days in a row at the end of the cruise (just to have a little more time to enjoy the window suite). I, too, will probably not have such luxurious accommodations again, but it was worth grabbing the WS when it came down to mini-suite prices. Such great memories I have of it though...

I liked the itinerary, too, but would have liked one more at sea day to break up the 4 port days in a row at the end of the cruise

That's why we really didn't mind missing Sydney - we heard it wasn't all that great and we LOVE sea days and wanted another one anyway. I also have fond memories of that lovely room. Too bad they can't put some WS's on all the ships.

Should be an interesting season this fall.

There's the understatement of the century!!! :eek:

I always get alumni tickets, but I passed on it this year. It'll be painful enough just watching on TV. I bet they lose alot of money on tickets! But I still love 'em anyway!! :D

• 1 month later...

There are several long threads about Window Suites. One of them is about F309 (we booked that WS and loved it).

Try these two:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1437963&highlight=window+suite

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=960140&highlight=window+suite

If you type Window Suite into the Search this forum you can check many others.

P&J

We were in WS 307 on the Golden 9/3-9/10/11 to Alaska. Absolutely loved the cabin! So much storage space. 3 closets & more drawer space than we could ever use. The location (for us) was ideal & very quiet. We did not notice any smoke from the "cigar bar" in our room. There was a faint smell of smoke in the room probably from previous smoking occupants but I sprayed air freshener & that took care of it.

Usually we have a balcony cabin & were worried that we would miss it. It would have been nice to have one but the layout, location & suite perks made up for the lack of a balcony (again, for us). We spent a lot of time on the open decks & on the Promenade Deck and when we were in the cabin, the two large windows made for a great viewing experience.

We would definitely book another WS.

• 6 years later...

I realize this is old but it’s my fault instead post and I couldn’t figure out how to make a NEW post. I’m particularly interested of pictures of the View from the Windows in these rooms. Can someone post or point me towards some. My only hesitation in booking this over the mini suite is my husband is an avid photographer so the window barrier is worrisome but I assume it doesn’t take long to get to an outer deck from those rooms? I’m guessing would have to go up one level to promenade? Thanks

I realize this is old but it’s my fault instead post and I couldn’t figure out how to make a NEW post. I’m particularly interested of pictures of the View from the Windows in these rooms. Can someone post or point me towards some. My only hesitation in booking this over the mini suite is my husband is an avid photographer so the window barrier is worrisome but I assume it doesn’t take long to get to an outer deck from those rooms? I’m guessing would have to go up one level to promenade? Thanks

That's correct ... you will need to walk up a level to be on an outside deck. The window, because it is low on the ship, will definitely have a salt spray film. It won't be a crystal clear view. We oftentimes sail on the Emerald deck in the OV rooms and even with some of those being covered, the windows don't appear crystal clear. Also, you won't be able to take any pictures too far to the left or right....just straight out. We like the OV rooms, though so it's never bothered us one little bit. But, if we were avid photographers, this might be an issue.

Oh, and BTW, just click on the New Thread icon in blue at the top of the Princess forums and be sure to title your post and your on your way to starting a new thread.

We've been in WS 307 on all the ships that have them, a sure sign we like them. Never have had a problem with smoke and would undoubtedly remember and readjust had I. Love the perks and the space, with they were available fleet wide. We look first for the ships with WS and then where they are headed.

I have a window suite booked and If I small smoke I will need to change cabins, smoke is not acceptable and means there is second hand smoke which is toxic.

The original date of this thread was back in July 2011 - ? when smoking was still allowed in cabins. I'm sure 7 years later the room will not smell of cigarette smoke!