Our Imagination Cruise - My email to Carnival & their reply - No explanation needed

Just a little turd splatter and cigarette smoke, no big deal folks, just wipe it up with some toilet paper, carry febreeze in your bag and you're all set! LOL.

For someone to think this is no big deal speaks volume to the demographic cruising Carnival. Expectations are totally bottom of the barrel.

As far as the cruiseline email response, it's about what I'd expect. Obviously a copy and paste canned answer and the old "we'll forward your comments to the appropriate departments" which in corporate speak translates to "this email is going straight to the trash bin."

Good luck with those future cruises.

I think the OP was correct in pointing out the deficiencies he encountered on the cruise, and the response from corporate was adequate. What remains to be seen is if they will take steps to correct it.

Did the OP need compensation? I don't even think that is what they were looking for. Carnival needs to hear from their guests, to know that perhaps they have gone a bit too far in their staff cutbacks, and that it is affecting the quality of their product.

With 50+ cruises under their belt, this is the first time they’ve seen a little splatter or experienced an offensive smell in a stateroom? I wanna be that lucky!

I’ve been cruising for 35 years and I have never seen any splatter on any cruise I’ve ever taken. Not once.

But I need to ask again why there are people out this board who keep minimizing things and telling the OP to accept things that are completely unacceptable.

The OP did what they should’ve done. Report it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am an avid Carnival cruiser... just because I haven't had an opportunity to cruise any other line, not because I'm ruling them out. But I'm a fan.

But the 2 main issues the OP reported, an unclean toilet and cigarette smell in the cabin would be a non-starter for me. My cabin steward would be in there cleaning the ENTIRE bathroom over again before I unpacked a single pair of undies!

And if they couldn't move me to a different cabin (but OF COURSE I'll accept the Captain's Suite in place of my stinky cabin!!!) I'd at least be making GS do something about it. They have ozonators and other machines that can help with removing the smell, and it would have been in my cabin TOOT SWEET!!!

I'm not looking for compensation in these circumstances, I'm looking for the cruiseline to remedy the problem. Right Now.

I'd love to hear back from the OP, if he raised these issues while on the ship.

I’ve been cruising for 35 years and I have never seen any splatter on any cruise I’ve ever taken. Not once.

But I need to ask again why there are people out this board who keep minimizing things and telling the OP to accept things that are completely unacceptable.

The OP did what they should’ve done. Report it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m not saying it’s acceptable by any means, but the stewards are out and about cleaning other rooms at that time, and would have been more than willing to come re-clean the bathroom if requested. The smell of smoke however might not be able to be remedied that quickly, and if not at all even I would be seeking compensation from GS.

I was just simply saying that after 50+ cruises, I wanna be so lucky to not experience either one of those phenomena. We just started cruising in 2015 and have eight cruises under our belt so far, and two booked in the next 10 months. In those eight we’ve experienced a smelly cabin twice already. Once on Royal and once on Carnival.

Rest assured all of your concerns have beenforwarded to the appropriate department managers for their information andinternal review for future improvement.

This is cruiseline doublespeak that should really read like this, "We know that you cannot have a nice experience because we have cut our service personnel to a point where they cannot provide our previous levels of service. We are sending your comments to the department managers so that they can hammer on the poor working men and women, blaming them for customer complaints when the blame actually falls on our corporate policies."

Having feces splatter on a toilet is not exactly a forgivable offense, imo. I think it's important to voice these concerns to Carnival management so they'll (maybe...eventually...one can hope) come to the conclusion that the stewards are overworked with way too many rooms assigned. It's impacting the experience for many cruisers, particularly those who've cruised the line for years and are noticing this decline in service.

I saw nothing in the letter to corporate even hinting at "I want free stuff." That's just a reaction from the cheerleaders.

I'd like to add that I believe these letters of complaint or compliment are important information for corporations so they may keep track of what's working and what isn't.

I agree and it appears my post to that effect from yesterday has been deleted, for what reason I cannot imagine. ;)

I am an avid Carnival cruiser... just because I haven't had an opportunity to cruise any other line, not because I'm ruling them out. But I'm a fan.

But the 2 main issues the OP reported, an unclean toilet and cigarette smell in the cabin would be a non-starter for me. My cabin steward would be in there cleaning the ENTIRE bathroom over again before I unpacked a single pair of undies!

And if they couldn't move me to a different cabin (but OF COURSE I'll accept the Captain's Suite in place of my stinky cabin!!!) I'd at least be making GS do something about it. They have ozonators and other machines that can help with removing the smell, and it would have been in my cabin TOOT SWEET!!!

I'm not looking for compensation in these circumstances, I'm looking for the cruiseline to remedy the problem. Right Now.

I'd love to hear back from the OP, if he raised these issues while on the ship.

Here here! Thank you shaded Lady. Time for some high standards!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk