5 in Victory balcony room, question

polly75

Hi! We're booked for a cruise this fall. We have 5 in a regular balcony room the Victory. There'll be a king bed, the pulldown, the sofabed and a trundle.

I'm thinking to save space, we may have our son share the king bed with us, and we can ask the steward to not have trundle. Or can we easily stow it ourselves under the sofa?

Also, if we want the sofabed set up as a sofa during the day, is that something we can do ourselves or does the steward need to do that? I don't want to pester an already busy staff member but we'd definitely enjoy our space more with a sofa during the day.

I have only done one cruise before and we had 4 in a balcony room. it was so crowded. the sofa bed and Pullman stayed as beds the entire cruise never converted back to a sofa. It is really just sheets put over it anyway..where would they even put a trundle. We are going on the Horizon next summer and the boys will have their own interior room. I actually don't even think it cost a whole lot more do to that but would depend on the age of your children. Mine will be 19 and 16 next summer but many of the kids they met on board last time had their own rooms

I have only done one cruise before and we had 4 in a balcony room. it was so crowded. the sofa bed and Pullman stayed as beds the entire cruise never converted back to a sofa. It is really just sheets put over it anyway..where would they even put a trundle. We are going on the Horizon next summer and the boys will have their own interior room. I actually don't even think it cost a whole lot more do to that but would depend on the age of your children. Mine will be 19 and 16 next summer but many of the kids they met on board last time had their own rooms

I ditto this. Our boys are teens and in an inside across the hall from our balcony. It wouldn’t be relaxing for us with 4 full size humans crammed in one little balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly, have you looked into an ocean view room? They are bigger than the balcony rooms by a good bit and depending on how little your kids are, those balcony doors are heavy and bound to catch fingers.

We're already locked in. My kids are young; too young for their own room. Just wondering if anyone knows if we can stow these things ourselves or if we need to steward's assistance. Thanks! :)

We're already locked in. My kids are young; too young for their own room. Just wondering if anyone knows if we can stow these things ourselves or if we need to steward's assistance. Thanks! :)

Cant say for a balcony room but as a family of 5 we have stayed in an ov on the Sunshine with the same setup. During the day they put the trundle under the bed and pull back out during turndown. So you could easily put away and you may ask for them to leave it if not using. The sofa stays as a bed the whole time but like they said it really is just a sheet put over it.