traveling on the Pride the first sailing after dry dock? February 2019 sailing but

Gari

Hi All

I called Carnival today after reading on another thread that the Carnival Pride will be going under a week of dry dock. I read on CC forum that the Pride will be on dry dock for a week ending February 16, 2019. I'm headed out on February 17th. I just got off the phone with a Carnival PVP and she said she checked the dry dock schedule and that the Pride WAS NOT scheduled for anything next year.

1.) How do i find out what is accurate?

2.) Who has sailed on the first trip after dry dock? What should I expect?

I just did a mock booking and there seems to be only two sail dates in February, the 17th and 24th. My guess is it goes into dry dock the beginning of February.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check out this CCL site, go down to "Maintenance Schedule" it list Dry Dock 2/3/19 - 2/16/19. I would be more likely to sail a post dry dock cruise vs a pre-dry dock cruise because they start to close down section to prep for the dry dock.

I've read a number of times on this Carnival board that passengers were unhappy sailing on the first cruise after dry dock because work was not completed during the dry dock and was continuing during their cruises. You might do a search on sailing after dry dock to see if you get any hits. We have always avoided sailing for several weeks after a ship's dry dock for this reason.

We are also on this sailing. It is the first week after dry dock. There should be no delays in boarding, which is great, especially in Baltimore...and we will be the first to sleep on the new beds and walk on the carpet etc. Keep thinking positive, it will be great!

We are also on this sailing. It is the first week after dry dock. There should be no delays in boarding, which is great, especially in Baltimore...and we will be the first to sleep on the new beds and walk on the carpet etc. Keep thinking positive, it will be great!

I believe the dry dock is in the Bahamas so it should be sailing back to Baltimore as if it was cruising. The parking lock should be empty and the crew should be the only people leaving the ship when it arrives in Baltimore.