Carnival Freedom Dry Dock 2019

bugsokc

According to Carnival's "GoCCL" website (https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1471) the Carnival Freedom will be in dry dock 2/16/19-3/03/19.

Any speculations or information on what they might be doing (other than routine maintenance)? I'm wondering if they are going to add a Water Works similar to the Carnival Glory. What else could be going on?

I'd have to imagine waterworks would be a part of it. In my eyes that is the one thing that is lacking on the Freedom, mostly because we have kiddos. Maybe a water feature on Serenity and maybe adding guys pig and anchor? Maybe that's too much for one dry dock. It'll all be speculation until then.

I am excited they will be changing some things as we've enjoyed our Freedom cruises out of Galveston.

• 4 months later...

We board on the 27th of April - Sure hope it doesn't get pushed back where our cruise will be cancelled. Btw - what do they offer for the cruises that get cancelled?? Do they give them other options dates?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just booked on the 4/20 - 4/27 cruise. Does anyone know how strictly they stick to the dry dock schedule? Once they set the dates, I'm assuming thy try to stick to it as closely as possible. Shouldn't be any problems that would affect my sailing right?

As for add on's, I'm hoping for Water Works and Pig & Anchor. This will be our 2nd cruise eve, and second on the Freedom. We had wanted the Vista, but the timing just didn't work out for us and our friends traveling with us. Excited to go. Impatient for the next 229 days to pass quickly.

To answer one question from above, if the sailing is cancelled through no fault of your own, Carnival usually offers another booking at a later time of your choosing. Happened to us with the Triumph (twice) back in 2014 and is how we ended up on the Freedom in 2015.

• 4 months later...

Round rock horn we are also booked for April 20! My sister and her husband are driving in from Kentucky then then the 4 of us are driving from Tulsa area to Galveston. It’s takes lots of preparation I pray it’s all good before hand!

• 2 weeks later...

We will also be on the ship April 20th.  No idea what the dry dock upgrades will be, but the do already have sushi on the lido deck past guy's burgers before you reach the buffet. I'm not sure if it was Pig and Anchor, but they had a BBQ place at the back of the ship above the seating for the for the buffet at the back of the ship. I know my directions kind of suck but that's the only way I know how to explain it.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 4:42 PM, roundrockhorn said:

My PVP just confirmed that Waterworks will be added during Dry Dock. No mention of anything else, other than a refresh, maintenance, and maybe a fresh coat of paint. 

That is exciting! Do you feel confident your PVP is certain this was part of the upgrade, or they perhaps are just assuming it is since its not currently a part of Freedom?  Sorry, not doubting them, just amped about what may be there come March!

1 minute ago, lancerTXST said:

That is exciting! Do you feel confident your PVP is certain this was part of the upgrade, or they perhaps are just assuming it is since its not currently a part of Freedom?  Sorry, not doubting them, just amped about what may be there come March!

I'd like to think she is pretty accurate. I asked her through her facebook page. She answered me a few hours later. Hopefully, that means she asked around, or talked to John Heald or someone else that would know. 

Now, figuring out who the cruise director is going to be for my late April cruise, is going to be interesting. We had such a blast when Malcolm Burns was our CD. Whomever we get, will have big shoes to fill IMO. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:20 AM, Jasmstr said:

Looks like they’ve moved the dry-dock up by a week and cancelled the 2/9/19 cruise. Sending cancelation letters/emails out to those that were booked on it...

I had no idea they could do that....  What happens with your airfare then?  dang....  we're booked on the 3/23/19 sailing - hope everything they need to do while dry-docked goes according to schedule.