Conquest - August 11, 2018 (yes today)!!

girlsbgoing

Hi. I’m fairly new to CC, but like many others I’ve learned so much. So to pay it back (and forward), since I’ll be sailing on the Conquest today, please let me know any information you are looking for.

It’s me and a group of 4 other women, all in our early to mid 30’s. All, with the exception of one of us, has cruised before. We have two side by side balcony rooms and we purchased FTTF.

The itinerary is: 5 days to Nassau, HMC, and Grand Turk out of Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades.

Nassau - Breezes

HMC - beach day, I’ll be doing the bike and hike tour solo

Grand Turk - Snorkeling tour through White Sands, with (hopefully) some time to spend at Jacks.

In Ft. Lauderdale we are staying at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort - it is fabulous! We got a great rate (under $200) and the service and other perks just phenomenal. I would highly recommend a stay here.

So far onboard we are only scheduled for the Steakhouse, tonight. I’ll definitely be taking advantage of the 50% off wine deal! None of us have any spa time booked and likely won’t this time around.

I’ll probably do a very small review later, but I’ll be somewhat connected and I’m happy to answer any questions along the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hope you have a great time, hasn’t the anticipation been fun? If you remember, can you please let us know what else is on the schedule the night they have the Hasbro show?

I probably won’t remember, but I do intend to post all the fun times so should take care of that. [emoji4]

I am sailing on the Conquest in September and also staying at Marriott Harbor Beach the night before! Never stayed there so don't know what to expect. I would love to see the Funtimes and also learn about what the nightly theater shows are like.

I am sailing on the Conquest in September and also staying at Marriott Harbor Beach the night before! Never stayed there so don't know what to expect. I would love to see the Funtimes and also learn about what the nightly theater shows are like.

Got it!! The hotel was very very nice. So much is included and our rooms were ready at 12:30 (I requested it). I will be posting fun times and will try and check out a few shows.

Please tell us what you thought of the Steakhouse. My husband and I along with my parents (their first cruise) will also be on the Conquest in October. We have never had the new Steakhouse menu and would love to know what you all had and what you thought of it!!

Please tell us what you thought of the Steakhouse. My husband and I along with my parents (their first cruise) will also be on the Conquest in October. We have never had the new Steakhouse menu and would love to know what you all had and what you thought of it!!

We have done the Steakhouse once before and throughly enjoyed it. The Conquest Steakhouse did not disappoint! I think I like the the new menu much better.

For starters we had: shrimp cocktail, tuna tartare, stuffed mushrooms, ice and smoked oysters, beef marrow & beef tartare, crab risotto, and Caesar salad. We all shared and everything was delicious, with the exception of the oysters. It just didn’t suit my taste. It could’ve been the type of oysters. If you’re into to raw foods I highly suggest the tartares.

For entrees we had: the grilled lamb-exceptional, surf & turf, and filet. We had multiple sides, mac & cheese, baked potatoes, garlic rapini (very garlicky and kind of reminded me of broccoli rabe).

For dessert we had: chocolate sphere - very very nice presentation, but extremely chocolaty, obviously, and the other girls had the cheesecake which they did not like. It had a lemon flavor and also had coconut flakes, neither of which was in the description.

With dinner they also had a wine tasting option, I had not noticed it before. At just $18 total (we didn’t purchase cheers), I thought that was a STEAL!

Would you be able to post a picture of the kids club activities schedule (it's like the Funtimes but for the kids stuff)? I will have a 5 year old onboard who will participating :)

Is it just one a day? Can I get it from the kids club area?

We have done the Steakhouse once before and throughly enjoyed it. The Conquest Steakhouse did not disappoint! I think I like the the new menu much better.

For starters we had: shrimp cocktail, tuna tartare, stuffed mushrooms, ice and smoked oysters, beef marrow & beef tartare, crab risotto, and Caesar salad. We all shared and everything was delicious, with the exception of the oysters. It just didn’t suit my taste. It could’ve been the type of oysters. If you’re into to raw foods I highly suggest the tartares.

For entrees we had: the grilled lamb-exceptional, surf & turf, and filet. We had multiple sides, mac & cheese, baked potatoes, garlic rapini (very garlicky and kind of reminded me of broccoli rabe).

For dessert we had: chocolate sphere - very very nice presentation, but extremely chocolaty, obviously, and the other girls had the cheesecake which they did not like. It had a lemon flavor and also had coconut flakes, neither of which was in the description.

With dinner they also had a wine tasting option, I had not noticed it before. At just $18 total (we didn’t purchase cheers), I thought that was a STEAL!

So the Steakhouse has the new menu? And has the cheesecake? I thought on the new menu the cheesecake was no longer available.

Hope you have a great time, hasn’t the anticipation been fun? If you remember, can you please let us know what else is on the schedule the night they have the Hasbro show?

I just got off the Conquest yesterday, also a 5 day cruise. Hasbro was on night 3. In the theater they had Bingo just after the game and then the Love & Marriage show. I believe they had PG comedy at 7pm and +18 comedy at 9pm and 11pm.

I'm curious about the new steakhouse menu. We booked the steakhouse for 2 nights on our upcoming 8 night cruise because we have always enjoyed the steaks and selections. We have not cruised in 2 years though so I guess we missed that the menu changed. Did you by any chance take a picture of the new menu?

I hope you are having a wonderful cruise!