Seychelles to Mumbia 02/02/2018

Mapledurwell1

Hi. I'm on the same cruise and today husband and I made our list of things to check out and we were surprised at the India visa cost too. Thought we'd call our TA tomorrow as we're a bit disappointed that they haven't given us a checklist of what's required for this trip. We're following on the cruise with a 6 day land tour too. Hadn't thought about Sri Lanka so glad I saw your post. All these extras add up don't they!!!

This will be our first Silversea cruise and very much looking forward to it.

Who going on this cruise. Our first with SS so looking forward to a different experience. Bit confused with English Visa for India (£300+) for 2 and another for Sri Lanka! Bit of a rip off!!

Unless it has changed and you are staying in Sri Lanka for more than a day you can get a free in transit visa.

You cannot avoid the India visa which is an extortionist cost.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thought you might like to know we applied for our India visas today. The cost was $77 each but the application process was so long!!! Took hours answering pages of questions and uploading photos and passports in the size to meet their requirements. So far as Sri Lanka was concerned the visa application was much simpler and there was no cost as a 2 day transit visa is free. Nice to find something free!!!

Hope this is helpful.

More information on the India visa!!!!

Sorry to say we got the wrong one! What a waste of money. This was only valid for 2 points of entry to India and as Mumbai is our disembarkation point we've had to get a multiple entry visa. We're using a visa company as its late in the day. Unfortunately another £350. So we've spent £500 in total. It's a shame Silverseas can't give advice as this would have avoided this. I've only found out what we need by going through the Asia board on cruise critic. Hope this information might help future travellers.