RC Cruisers - Is 50% off second person an amazing deal?

Looking to book a Canada/New England For next fall (Southbound 11 day Quebec City to New York) and currently looking at the 50% off second person deal.

Is this a good one? I am looking to snag a panoramic ocean view for my elderly mother since we can be inside and still get a good view from our room so I don’t want to wait too long, however wondering if this is one of the best promos or not (there are 30 hours left in the sale hence my question)

Thanks in advance!

Not necessarily a good deal, but more a typical Royal sale which usually comes with some fuzzy math.

Once you see a total price you find acceptable, book it then watch for price drops up to final payment date.

Thanks so much - I figured it was just a different way of them selling the same price, but nice to confirm. I know booking early is still better, so I’m going to probably book soon. I assume then if the price drops you just apply for the difference online which is applied to your final price? I’ve only sailed Carnival once but I imagine it’s similar.

Thanks so much - I figured it was just a different way of them selling the same price, but nice to confirm. I know booking early is still better, so I’m going to probably book soon. I assume then if the price drops you just apply for the difference online which is applied to your final price? I’ve only sailed Carnival once but I imagine it’s similar.

If you want a price drop, you have to contact whoever booked your cruise. No price drops via online request.

Looking to book a Canada/New England For next fall (Southbound 11 day Quebec City to New York) and currently looking at the 50% off second person deal.

Is this a good one? I am looking to snag a panoramic ocean view for my elderly mother since we can be inside and still get a good view from our room so I don’t want to wait too long, however wondering if this is one of the best promos or not (there are 30 hours left in the sale hence my question)

Thanks in advance!

I booked when it was 30% off per person. I think that’s the better sale

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks in advance!

If you believe the sale, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that's for sale.:D Just look at the bottom line and avoid the sale come on as the 50% sale ahs been going on for a long time.

Yeah, that’s what they want you to think, but it’s still not. They just adjust the base fare so it still comes out about the same regardless of the sale.

Yeah, that’s what they want you to think, but it’s still not. They just adjust the base fare so it still comes out about the same regardless of the sale.

I’m not blindly booking a cruise. You need to do your homework. Sometimes booking a refundable fare then changing to non refundable as the deals change

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

there are sites you can use to see a cruise prices they have so many offers and variables it is pretty crazy. Your offer is 25% off, but there have been BOGO which is 50% off, there have also been free gratuities drink packages etc all of which muddy the pricing. Book to get the cabin you want or if you don't care book a guarantee when the price is low then just hope. For me I book when I can get the cabin I want which is usually a year out then I track the price and get an adjustment or better cabin. There is no real magic time as cruises have a lot of variables. A popular cruise could have the price go up after final payment as they have just a few cabins left and the want to sell them before they start doing the guarantee shuffle. If the ship departs from a location that has higher airfare you might get a good last minute deal. If a ship changes the itinerary and many people bail that could be a good deal.

I booked this on soon after release on a sale that is a little cheaper (promenade). Remember there is only one sailing so if you want this trip I wouldn't wait - you can get an adjustment later if it comes cheaper. However, I have found that more often the price goes up the closer it is to sailing. Caribbean might drop because of so many ships sailing but other destinations not so much.

I’m not blindly booking a cruise. You need to do your homework. Sometimes booking a refundable fare then changing to non refundable as the deals change

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some travel agents will charge a fee for the change.

A good way to check if the sale is genuine is to look in a brochure.

We recently booked a 7 night guarantee, which worked out at less than £100 p.p.p.n.

We were then sent a flier by RCI indicating ‘free’ OBC, drinks and I think internet. Price x2 what we had paid, making the final price £200 p.p.p.n.

Later, we decided not to take that cruise, but opted for a 13 night instead. I looked on the page where the perks were not added and worked out the total for 2 passengers.

Then worked out the new price, buy one get one half price, which worked out slightly MORE as the first person’s pricing had been inflated.

Current price of all my future cruises with 50% off is higher than I originally paid. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were ready to book with one TA when I saw this offer of 50% off,on checking it out I was quoted pretty much the same price as the deal I was already getting but without the add ons that the origional TA was including,same old story I guess,if it seems too good to be true..............

By the way many times the 50% is more like 55-60% off. You have to do a mock booking to see the actual % off.

As an example, for our upcoming .Anthem NE/Canada itinerary, the discount is 56.4% (1,080/1,915) on the 2nd Pax and also a 12.7% (244/1,915) on the 1st Pax. So the actual % discount is 69+% (1,324/1915).

This is in addition to the D+ balcony discount. Go figure, and it is not an isolated case.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not always- I have been able to save some money when the sales changed from 50% to 30/30 or 60% a few times-

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

We just booked with the 50% off the second person....there is no deal. The wording sounds good, but when you actually go to book the cruise the pricing is normal as with any other site that is not running the 50% off. But this is the timeframe/cruise that we can go, so we booked it.

L~NY

WorkerBee74 , as others have said, it's best to book /down payment at a price you're comfortable with and monitor for price drops. I've never had a significant price drop on past cruises but my upcoming cruise is paying off big time. I booked a midship balcony on Ovation for an 11-night Honolulu to Vancouver in April and have already scored 2 price drops saving almost $2,000! Plus $100 USD OBC. 😎

I ignore the "sales" now, and just go for the final price. Usually they jack up the first person in the cabin's price, then work the fuzzy math off of that. I just price check all the time. Sometimes during a promo they will lower the base price of the first person in the cabin, and the overall price goes down.

Drink package promos absolutely kill the pricing for people who don't drink that much. I just wait on the sidelines for those promos to end, and then start price checking again.

I booked a midship balcony on Ovation for an 11-night Honolulu to Vancouver in April and have already scored 2 price drops saving almost $2,000! Plus $100 USD OBC. 😎

Given current cabin availability, I'd expect further drops.