Back from Triumph May 19th 4 nights

cruise-kat

Just a few thoughts about our cruise. The reason we chose this cruise was because of our available dates and the fact that we love NOLA. We have not cruised in about 15 years. Hubby loves all-inclusive type vacations so I had to talk him into it. :)

First of all the demographics....we felt kind of old (55/60). I thought there may not be too many children as school is still in but many young ones and families. Also many graduates. Most were very well behaved. We were probably the only Canadians on board as well, lol. I guess if I lived in one of the Southern States I would cruise more often too. BTW I do love people from the south...very nice.

We had FTTF and it worked out well.

Dining...I emailed the maître d ahead of time to ask for a table for 2. Did not get a response email but we did get a table for 2. Our dining team were excellent. Also loved the Alchemy bar but didn't try it till our last day.

Cabin was on the upper...L-shaped. I loved the extended balcony. Hubby is a smoker and didn't like having to walk so far to have a cigarette.

Hope I can talk him into another cruise but I may have to wait till he retires and can take a 7 day or longer one.

If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer. I may post some pictures if I can figure out how to.

We are going on the same cruise, only next year. I see you are from Ontario as are we. What airline did you fly on? Did you fly in the day before and if so, where did you stay?

Thanks

We are just across the border from Detroit, Mi. We got a great deal with Spirit non-stop. It is a later flight so we spent the first night in New Orleans. Got another great deal with priceline for the Royal Sonesta on Bourbon St. The cab from there to the port is $8 per person. We like that hotel so much we also spent 2 nights after the cruise there as well. So much fun. :)