Rhine Cruise departure

Jjarlath115

Sometimes you overnite in Amsterdam. If not, you will be given a time to be on board. There is a safety briefing and port talk for next day. Times for leaving can change because of weather and river conditions. Call your cruise line to get a better answer.:)

It leaves PROMPTLY at 5:37.

Don’t miss it, or you’ll have to bike to the first stop.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I nearly spit out my coffee when I read this. I love it...an exact answer to a nebulous question. ;p

Roz

One really big factor for Amsterdam is that while most river ships dock near Centraal Station, some are pushed far away to another port. And some itineraries [e.g. the AMA cruise we took in 2013] take you on a sightseeing bus trip while the ship sails the dull canal part between Amsterdam and the Rhine itself, while others sail that stretch with the passengers on board. So even if we knew exactly which Viking cruise you are on, the details may not be knowable by anyone on Cruise Critic. You could contact tellus@vikingcruises.com – they have access to the best information for this question.

Sorry!!!! Viking!!

You’ll probably have local entertainers on board after dinner, and if you’re on the Rhine Getaway then Kinderdijk is your first call the next day so there isn’t far to go overnight. IIRC we departed about 22.15 and dawdled around to Rotterdam before arriving at Kinderdijk at about 08.30.

Check into your room and then ask the front desk what time they are departing. Viking business office may give you the general time but due to locks and other variables, that time may change.

When rooms are available varies, 3:00 is the latest. Ours was ready at about 9:00AM.

. And some itineraries [e.g. the AMA cruise we took in 2013] take you on a sightseeing bus trip while the ship sails the dull canal part between Amsterdam and the Rhine itself, while others sail that stretch with the passengers on board. .

I love the cruising on the canal leaving Amsterdam. To me it is not dull and very scenic, much better than the two hours approaching Cologne. I have departed Amsterdam six times so far and have enjoyed everyone of the.