Beach or other activity suggestions?

MarLieb

I read through many of these threads and I'm still not sure what to do on our day in St. Maarten in December.

We will be arriving on the Celebrity Summit in late December and my original plan was to simply walk to Holland House, rent some chairs and have lunch there, but I'm reading that beach is polluted? I would rather not swim in sewage if we can avoid it!

Are there any beaches that are not polluted and not topless that are fairly easy to get to? I will be traveling with my husband and 11-year old son and they aren't quite the most adventurous types. I would also be willing to book a room at a resort or hotel if that makes any difference?

Thank you so much for any advice you can give.

I read through many of these threads and I'm still not sure what to do on our day in St. Maarten in December.

We will be arriving on the Celebrity Summit in late December and my original plan was to simply walk to Holland House, rent some chairs and have lunch there, but I'm reading that beach is polluted? I would rather not swim in sewage if we can avoid it!

Are there any beaches that are not polluted and not topless that are fairly easy to get to? I will be traveling with my husband and 11-year old son and they aren't quite the most adventurous types. I would also be willing to book a room at a resort or hotel if that makes any difference?

Thank you so much for any advice you can give.

Look into Divi Little Bay. It’s about a 5-10 minute $5 pp taxi ride each way and you can rent chairs and umbrellas, use the bar/restaurant at Divi Little Bay Resort and rent paddle boards and go snorkeling as well.

We enjoyed Maho Beach. I'm sure your child would enjoy watching the planes take off and land! The beach was clean and there's a bar right at the edge of the beach where you can get drinks and food. No umbrellas, though :(