Getting Passports Stamped (Dutch and French) in St. Maartin?

mshinrockford

Is this possible? Our family would like to get our U.S. Passports stamped as many times as possible during our upcoming DCL Eastern cruise. We would love to get both “Dutch” and “French” stamps while in St. Maartin, but I’m not sure where exactly we would need to go to get these stamps. Are there courthouses, or immigration offices, in Marigot and Phillipsburg that could issue these stamps on our Passports. Is this a good idea, or are we just asking for trouble or hassles? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Normally, the only way to get your passport stamped on a cruise is to give your passport to your ships purser the night before you dock and they will have it stamped for you when the ship clears immigration. However, they will not be able to get the stamp for the French side. Although I haven't been to St Martin yet, I know that there are no formalities at the border so you wouldn't be able to get a stamp there. Sorry, but I don't think it will be possible. Maybe someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

Once you show your passport at embarkation, you put it away for the duration of the cruise. Sorry but it doesn't get stamped anywhere. Also "the border" such as it is between the Dutch and French side of the island is an unmanned marker no oneto stamp it and you don't even need to take your passport off the ship in fact I would recommend you leave your passport in the safe for the duration of the cruise for safe keeping.

Is this possible? Our family would like to get our U.S. Passports stamped as many times as possible during our upcoming DCL Eastern cruise. We would love to get both “Dutch” and “French” stamps while in St. Maartin, but I’m not sure where exactly we would need to go to get these stamps. Are there courthouses, or immigration offices, in Marigot and Phillipsburg that could issue these stamps on our Passports. Is this a good idea, or are we just asking for trouble or hassles? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

We love getting out passports stamped, as well. We have plenty of St. Maarten stamps, as we usually arrive by air, but we believe that you can get your stamps, too. People arriving on private yachts have to 'clear' and I believe that you can, as well.

On the Dutch side, there are apparently two options. At Great Bay (cruise terminal) the Immigration Department is supposedly located just outside the port gates on the right hand side. The office is supposed to be open from 0700 to 1800 hrs 7 days a week. You should be able to just ask any of the officials at the pier for explicit directions.

The other point of entry is at Simpson Bay. Here the Immigration Department is located in the Police Station adjacent to the channel into Simpson Bay Lagoon at the West side of the bridge. The Immigration Department is open every day from 0700 to 1800 hours.

For the French side, the office is situated at the waterfront in Marigot Bay just beneath the Pasha Night Club. The department is named DISSILEC.

• Like 1

• 13 years later...
We love getting out passports stamped, as well. We have plenty of St. Maarten stamps, as we usually arrive by air, ...

How do you normally fly in? I can't find a decent prices flight.

• 3 weeks later...