Radiance of the Seas Hawaii Cruise

jazzyjoe

Hey, I just booked the 10 Day Hawaii cruise on Radiance of the Seas, May 2018. This will be our first cruise to Hawaii. Very excited. :)

You should love it and have a great time. Just did the Hawaii cruise in April this year, that was also my first time to Hawaii. We had a great time. If you have overnight in Maui do the Luau. It is so worth the money. Book early, you can book a year out. If you get there when they open they have the pig roast ceremony. Its beautiful with the ocean as your backdrop.

Enjoy.

Hey, I just booked the 10 Day Hawaii cruise on Radiance of the Seas, May 2018. This will be our first cruise to Hawaii. Very excited. :)

We will be on that same cruise. It will be our first time to Hawaii and we will be celebrating our 50th anniversary! Very excited!

A beautiful Luau is the Old Lahaina Luau. two years ago, since we have done the Volcano National Park we did a tour of the Island which included the petrified forest where an earlier eruption had gone through an area and left the trees as stumps with the lava coating, the shapes were most interesting one having new branches coming out the top. Will do a look up and post the link.

We were just on Radiance in April, you will love it! I agree as already stated. A luau in Maui is a must. There are choices, but did the Feast at Lele. Absolutely loved it. Same owners as the Old Lahaina Luau.

I'll post a few things in a few to at least take a look at. Hawaii has so many adventures!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Chasep17

I did the Radiance to Hawaii cruise out of Vancouver (September) 3 years ago. Loved it - first 5 days at sea - but there was lots to do. One nice thing was the weather getting warmer every day so the last couple of days you were in shorts and short sleeves. If you can afford the time, would spend a couple of days in Honolulu at the end of the cruise. There's lots to see and do - Pearl Harbour is an absolute must see.

Enjoy

When we did the Transpacific and Hawaii cruise two years ago, we took the ships tour, Land of Frozen Fire which included the Lava Tree National Park. ( Hilo )http://www.gohawaii.com/big-island/regions-neighborhoods/puna/lava-tree-state-park/

Since we have been the Volcano National Park before we chose to do more of an Island tour to see where some of the old lava flows had traveled down to the ocean. It was very impressive. On Kona I believe, we took a 2 hour hiking tour back into water falls and this included a lunch. I will look at my album and see if I can't find the name of the tour for you. On Oahu, my husband and daughter did the Paragliding, I rode along since I had surgery a year earlier and didn't feel i should do that but now wish I had. Depending on how long you will have on Oahu, a Circle the Island Tour was enjoyable

On Kona the 1.5 mile Hike is listed under Kohala Waterfalls under the RCCL Hawaii excursions. We drove in on 4 wheel drive trucks to the starting point then walked over a very easy trail to 3 different waterfalls where you could take a swim in the last one before returning to the starting point for a packed lunch. 6 Hour tour.

our trip began with a 13 day NZ cruise on the Radiance back in March 19, 2014, out of Sydney, Australia, 9 days post cruise in Sydney & continuing on with the 18 day Transpacific then 12 day Hawaii to Vancouver ending on May 9, 2014. We visited Maui, Oahu twice as we returned back to Oahu during the 12 day Hawaii until 7 pm before making the crossing.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Jazzy,

I second the Old Lahaina Luau! We did it 2 years ago with Desert Cruizers ( Hi Gay!!! ) We had a huge group with our roll call. If you do this, I would book as soon as you can.

CoralC, what time does the ship leave? If its around 11pm, you can do the Luau!

Ali

How long will you be in Maui and will you port in Lahaina. usually they leave late on Lahaina so you should be able to get in the Old Lahaina or Feast of Pele which isn't far from where you tender.

8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. You didn't believe me? We've done the Hawaii cruise before. :rolleyes:

There is no overnight in Maui on the May 2018 cruise, so no Luau. :o We are booked on the cruise, but not sure that we will keep it.

OP, there is a fairly active roll call for this cruise.

We are going on the next two Radiance Hawaii cruises (May/Sept 2017) but we are passing on the May 2018 as it has no overnights in any port. Plus after several in a row we decided to give it a rest and taking a repositioning cruise on Ovation in April 2018.

Even without the overnights it's still a Hawaii cruise and you just can beat that. :D

We've already down the Hawaii transit twice, so if we end up moving it to a different cruise, we won't be too heartbroken. We would like to finally get to Kauai. :D:):D

That is why I am looking forward to the May 2017 cruise as it has an overnight in Kauai along with the overnight in Lahaina. :)

We are going on the next two Radiance Hawaii cruises (May/Sept 2017) but we are passing on the May 2018 as it has no overnights in any port. Plus after several in a row we decided to give it a rest and taking a repositioning cruise on Ovation in April 2018.

Even without the overnights it's still a Hawaii cruise and you just can beat that. :D

Bill this cruise is on our bucket list. Which route do you prefer and why?

Thanks!

Not Bill, But my recommendation is to put the long flight at the beginning of your cruise when you are excited! Tour the islands, 5 days to relax on the way back to Vancouver....and then a shorter flight to return home. :D:):D